Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Financial Assistance Counselor - Part Time
Job ID: 7384
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare7/17/2014Supports Weight Management Center by participating in the improved development of patient education and support.· Submits documentation to insurance carriers for verification of benefits related to bariatric surgery and tracks submission dates.· Submits medical record...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Financial-Assistance-Counselor-7384.htm
Part-time Regular, 28 hours per week
Supports Weight Management Center by participating in the improved development of patient education and support.
- Submits documentation to insurance carriers for verification of benefits related to bariatric surgery and tracks submission dates.
- Submits medical record documentation to insurance carriers for pre-authorization of bariatric surgery or other weight management services.
- Prepares new patient information packets and support group flyers for distribution.
- Mails support group flyers and periodically updates database for mailings.
- Serves as a resource to staff regarding Bariatric patient documentation.
- Assists team members with patient registry data entry.
Follows established hospital and departmental guidelines to assure the most productive outcome when contacting patients in reference to account balances.
- Gathering CPT codes and other clinical information needed to determine estimated cost of procedures.
- Calculating and quoting total charges; explaining the insurance benefits payable and how this will affect what the patient's liability will be.
Assures maximum reimbursement to the health system by focusing on evaluating and assessing Uninsured or Underinsured patients to determine eligibility for financial assistance or payment options. Utilizes all available internal financial assistance resources and applicable policies to facilitate efforts aimed at account balance resolution and with maximizing the customer service experience for our patients.
High School Diploma/Certification required.
Prefer 2-4 years work experience within a CRC department that offers knowledge and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial /Managed Care Insurance benefits/verification, collections inclusive of billing, collections and payment methodologies.
Assistant Manager of Financial Counseling Department
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Valid NC Driver's License
1. Contacts patients/family member(s) to provide quotes/estimates for scheduled services based on the diagnosis and procedure(s) provided or scheduled by the clinician and/or physician.
2. Utilizes the highest customer service standards possible while interacting with patients/family member(s) as it pertains to incurred charges or any other financial matters.
3. Obtains then evaluates financial applications/statements for the purpose of determining the patient?s eligibility for financial assistance. Makes appropriate referrals to other resources when applicable.
4. Facilitates the financial assistance process by identifying the best routes to pursue when patients need to be set up on payment plans or other payment arrangements/methods.
5. Takes the initiative to provide critical information and answers to questions before they are asked by patients/family member(s).
6. Thoroughly evaluates and executes the Community Benefits eligibility screening process on all applicable charges for eligible patients when appropriate.
7. Places strong emphasis on providing thorough and accurate information to patients/family members at all interactions.
8. Provides feedback to physicians other clinicians and collaborates on efforts in the best interest of the patient.
9. Communicates with department leadership when difficult or unusual situations occur for the purpose of obtaining advice and guidance for resolution of the issue.
10. Uses accuracy and thoroughness when managing and completing accounts in workqueues. Documents and codes accounts based on departmental requirements.
11. Participates in departmental and medical center required training as well as other meetings and learning opportunities when requested or scheduled.
12. Takes appropriate action in the patient accounting system of record to complete all forms, folders and screens accurately and thoroughly.
13. Keeps accurate and thorough data for reporting purposes when required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, non-verbal and listening skills
Strong advocate for customer service and positive team player-focused outcomes
Ability to work independently with good organizational and problem-solving skills
Must possess strong math and analytical skills
Prefer candidate with strong orientation to positive customer service outcomes
Must be able to read and interpret information and written documentation
Background knowledge and understanding in medical terminology and medical coding
Must be flexible as it pertains to work location and hours when applicable and/or required
Clean well-lit and comfortable climate
Moderate to loud noise environment depending on work location
Fast-paced and sometimes hurried surroundings
Subject to frequent interruptions
Occasional to frequent stress due to job subject matter
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.