Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: HR Shared Services Specialist
Job ID: 6661
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare5/15/2014HR Shared Services Specialist Job Summary: The HR Shared Services Specialist processes information in the Human Resources ERP system by auditing, inputting, and maintaining data items. Advises end-users on the proper use of the Human Resources ERP system and troubleshoots system issues....http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/HR-Shared-Services-Specialist-6661.htm
HR Shared Services Specialist
The HR Shared Services Specialist processes information in the Human Resources ERP system by auditing, inputting, and maintaining data items. Advises end-users on the proper use of the Human Resources ERP system and troubleshoots system issues. Responsible for the indexing, storage, purging, and retrieval of personnel records and related data. Reviews the organization of paper and electronic file systems to ensure administrative, legal and compliance requirements. Produces information by preparing reports and processing existing queries.
Education / Experience: Associate's degree plus 2 years of HR or HRIS experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Expereince working within a hospital setting, working with PeopleSoft, and/or employee transactions a plus.
Reports To: Manager of HRIS
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: n/a
- Responsible of the input of new employee and non-employee information. Processes changes for existing employees/non-employees through participation in system workflow.
- Updates, maintains and audits HR data across multiple ERP system modules and other ancillary systems as assigned.
- Maintains the File Room imaging system by indexing documents for easy location, prepping and scanning documents, and retrieving requested documents. Responsible for backing up documents to the HR server and diskette for safe storage as well as training HR users to retrieve/view images.
- Understands and complies with Medical Center and regulatory policies and procedures related to employment records with regard to; confidentiality, amendments to employee files, release of information, employee rights to employment records, records as legal evidence, timeframes for purging documents, and regulatory changes affecting the Employee?s employment record.
- Supports HRIS system changes, upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Processes inquiries and data system issues in a timely manner by thoroughly researching issues, interpreting guidelines, procedures, policies and practices, determining the action needed and providing/executing appropriate solutions.
- Provides frontline functional /technical support by working with HRIS Analysts to trouble-shoot system and end-user issues.
- Performs a variety of general office activities to support the HRIS department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated technical skills in the use of Human Resources ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical formats.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skill.
- Flexible, ability to manage multiple projects and reprioritize tasks as necessary.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in fast- paced, dynamic team environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Good customer support skills
Key Words: PeopleSoft; HRIS; Shared Services; Call Center; Employee Transaction, HR
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.