Interpreter | Service Excellence
Job Title: Interpreter
Job ID: 2397
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-Clinical
FUNCTION OF JOB
Provide interpreter services to Hispanic patients, families and/or research participants.
Provides face-to-face, over the phone, and videoconference interpreter services for Hispanic/Latino patients and Medical Center personnel in a wide range of settings. Networks with Medical Center personnel and the local community to best meet their needs for interpreter services. Ensures that all contact with patients, the public, and Medical Center personnel is carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful, and considerate manner. Conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive and caring image of the department and Medical Center. Works well with others in the department to promote a harmonious work environment. Participates in, and contributes to, the successful operation of the Service Excellence department resulting in the highest level of satisfaction of internal and external customers of the Medical Center. Performs duties in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Adheres to Medical Center policies on customer relations and hospitality. Understands the hospital's system of service delivery.
- Fast-paced clinical and office environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Physically demanding with a lot of walking and standing time.
- Emotionally challenging, as some interactions may be highly stressful requiring maturity, composure, and sound judgment.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Two year degree required; BA or BS degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology and basic human anatomy/physiology, and common disease processes.
- High verbal and written proficiency in English and Spanish required.
- Work experience providing interpreter services in a hospital environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong linguistic skills
- Strong cultural awareness
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to make ethical decisions independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office applications
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.