Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Staff Nurse II - Float Pool - Med Surg
Job ID: 7464
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare7/25/2014RN needed with a minimum of 2 years of telemetry experience to float to medical-surgical and specialty units. CPR required, ACLS preferred. BSN preferred. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills, flexibility, and a positive attitude. Schedule is 12-hour nights with a...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Jobs/Float-Staff-Nurse-II---Tier-1-7464.htm
Med Surg Float Pool RN-Night Shift
RN needed with a minimum of 2 years of telemetry experience to float to medical-surgical and specialty units. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills, flexibility, and a positive attitude. Schedule is 12-hour nights with a minimum of 2 weekends per 6-week schedule.
Job Summary: Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). The staff nurse directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
Education / Experience: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: RN licensure in NC. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year in select areas. “Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned;waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.”
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient/family centered care focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
3. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
5. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
6. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.