Secretary III | Diagnostic Radiology
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Secretary III
Job ID: 7691
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-Clinical
Location: Winston-Salem, NC North CarolinaAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare11/18/2014DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGYFull-time Regular, 40 hours/weekThis position supports 15 faculty members, coordinates 1 ACGME accredited and 2 non-accredited fellowship programs, and supports the vice chair of community radiology and 6 fellows. The responsibilities of the fellowship coordinators are...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Jobs/Secretary-III-7691.htm
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
The Department of Radiology is seeking a secretary to support multiple faculty members:
- Maintain physician Outlook calendars with meetings and appointments
- Organize and arrange meetings for physicians
- Maintain necessary fellowship information for the section
- Assemble and distribute monthly clinical work/call schedules
Minimum Qualifications: Please see generic description below SECRETARY III 2205
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under limited supervision, independently organize, coordinate, and perform responsible clerical and secretarial duties using judgment and initiative on a regular basis. May support a faculty member with diverse obligations or a small program within a department.
1. Type complex reports, records, and patient notes; coordinate and prepare grant applications.
2. Compose complex correspondence containing authoritative information requiring knowledge of departmental procedures and practices.
3. Make complex travel arrangements and process expense reports for related expenditures.
4. Take and transcribe dictation and machine recordings and type in final form complex and technical material which may be subject to limited review by a superior; take and transcribe minutes of committee meetings and conferences.
5. Answer telephone, take messages, and reply to questions involving understanding of departmental policies and procedures.
6. Sign correspondence in behalf of supervisor as directed.
7. Gather and provide authoritative information requiring the determination and evaluation of sources.
8. Compile data using simple research techniques and elementary statistical analyses, involving understanding of departmental programs, policies, and procedures.
9. Assume responsibility for complex bookkeeping records, involving numerous grants, contracts, or appropriations, requiring decisions related to the appropriateness of requested expenditures.
10. Participate in, recommend agenda items, and implement decisions of meetings and conferences as directed.
11. Devise, modify and/or supervise the maintenance and coordination of complex and comprehensive mailing, records, and/or filing systems.
12. Maintain appointment calendar; control appointment and admission of visitors for superior.
13. May oversee, train, and coordinate the work of students or other support employees; provide assistance in the hiring process by interviewing candidates and recommending employee selection.
14. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. High school graduation or recognized equivalent.
2. Three years of clerical experience or combination of secretarial education and experience, one year of which must have included the performance of clerical and secretarial duties requiring considerable discretion and independent judgment.
3. Proficient computer and typing skills. (Competency testing may be required by the hiring department.)
4. Ability to take and accurately transcribe difficult dictation (if required by position to be filled).
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Completion of high school courses in business.
2. Experience gained in the department to be served.
3. Clerical and secretarial experience beyond the minimum required.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.