Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Lead Payroll Technician
Job ID: 6616
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Accounting / FinancialWinston-Salem, NCAccounting / Financial, Medical, Healthcare5/6/2014CHARACTERISTIC WORK 1. Perform complex clerical duties involved in the preparation and processing of payroll to ensure accuracy of printed checks and direct deposit transmission to bank. 2. Process and verify personnel file maintenance pertaining to job change requests and withholding...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Lead-Payroll-Technician-6616.htm
1. Perform complex clerical duties involved in the preparation and processing of payroll to ensure accuracy of printed checks and direct deposit transmission to bank.
2. Process and verify personnel file maintenance pertaining to job change requests and withholding and deduction authorizations to ensure correct input to the employee panels.
3. Distribute pay and fringe benefits from current and retroactive job change requests and other related data and special pay requests.
4. Process active employee monthly listings and punch detail report corrections and bubble cards submitted by departmental personnel to ensure payment of faculty and staff.
5. Maintain Excel spreadsheets for verification of month-to-date, quarter-to-date, and year-to-date payroll totals.
6. Reconcile Excel spreadsheet to month-to-date, quarter-to-date and year-to-date tax register.
7. Prepare quarterly 941 information for review by Payroll Accounting Coordinator.
8. Calculate and deposit Federal and State withholding deposits.
9. Perform trouble-shooting for time clocks to determine if problems are software or hardware related.
10. Prepare computer disk for transmission of data for microfiche storage.
11. Perform maintenance of payroll/personnel files.
12. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Responsible for the preparation and distribution of WFUHS payrolls and enforcement of school policies and procedures related to payroll.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from Payroll Accounting Systems Coordinator and Payroll Manager.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. High school graduation or recognized equivalent.
2. Three years of related accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including one year of university-level accounting classes or similar payroll work.
3. Minimum typing speed of 45 WPM.
4. PC experience, including working knowledge of Excel.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Knowledge of network systems configuration.
2. Knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to payroll.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.