Medical Assistant, Certified - Surgery Urology | Surgery Urology
Job Title: Medical Assistant, Certified - Surgery Urology
Job ID: 1236
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: General
Full-time Regular 40 hrs/wk M-F
AAMA or RMA certification required; CPR certification required.
To provide patient care in the clinic.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT 6688
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under direct supervision of the Medical Physician, assist in the appropriate elements of administrative and clinical responsibilities within the scope of the Certified Medical Assistant?s training.
1. Setup, clean, restock, and prepare examination rooms. Prepare equipment, autoclave, sterilizer, and maintain treatment area.
2. Assist medical staff with preparation, examination, and procedure to include performing patient history interview to obtain personal data and chief complaint, documentation for records, and vital signs. Perform telephone and in-person screening.
3. Collect and process specimens and diagnostic testing. Perform EKGs, hearing tests, vision tests, and pulmonary tests (peak flow and pulse-ox).
4. Prepare and administer oral and parenteral medications as directed by Physician. Call in prescriptions as directed. Maintain medication and immunization records.
5. Manage infection control using aseptic techniques, sanitization, chemical disinfection, surgical asepsis, and correctly handling biohazardous materials.
6. Perform various clerical duties such as answering the phone, data entry, filing charts, transcription, charge slips, and processing insurance forms. Maintain office supplies, facilities and equipment.
7. Maintain current knowledge and application of nutrition and first aid principles.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Oral and/or written instructions may be received from Registered Nurse, as delegated by the Medical Physician.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from a Medical Assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
2. Successful completion of the American Association of Medical Assistants Certification. Maintain current AAMA certification.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Successful completion of the approved Competency Checklist as designated for the position within 90 days of employment.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience working in a clinic setting.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.