Medical Lab Technician-PRN - Clemmons Lab | Clemmons-Labs
Job Title: Medical Lab Technician-PRN - Clemmons Lab
Job ID: 1780
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-Tech
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North Carolina
PRN hours as needed M-F 730am to 730 pm. Weekends would be between 8-6p.m. as needed.
Job Summary: Performs tests and analyzes body fluids and tissue or prepares blood components/products to provide high quality, comprehensive medical laboratory results in compliance with section policies and procedures. Performs appropriate patient procedures in accordance with age-specific guidelines for the age groups served.
Education: Associate Degree Preferred.
Licensure and Certification: MLT(ASCP) or Equivalent Certification Preferred.
Skills & Qualifications: Ability to listen and communicate effectively. Technical ability and interest. Computer and keyboard skills preferred.
Special Characteristics: Ability to work cooperatively. May require working any shift in a 24-hour period, 7 days/week including holidays and possibly taking call.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN 4448
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under general supervision, provide technical analysis of selected specimens to determine existing or potential health hazards.
1. Provide technical analysis of selected specimens to determine existing or potential health hazards.
2. Maintain documentation and files on all data obtained; compile general reports from data collected as required.
3. Operate laboratory equipment; collect and prepare samples for laboratory examination.
4. Perform established chemical, bacteriological and microscopic examinations.
5. Process plates for isolation and identification as required.
6. Keep work area clean, orderly and in a safe condition.
7. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Associate's degree in Medical Technology and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program, or, other ASCP requirements for MLT examination.
2. ASCP registered.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.