Medical Technologist | Core Laboratory
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Medical Technologist
Job ID: 7840
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-TechWinston-Salem, NCAllied Health-Tech, Medical, Healthcare8/22/2014This position is for Core Lab 324308 (099060).2nd shift, rotating weekends and holidays. Job Summary:Performs tests and analyzes body fluids to provide vital clinical information that leads to diagnosis and/or medical treatment of the patient. Provides support/guidance to non-registered...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Medical-Technologist-7840.htm
This position is for Core Lab 324308 (099060).
2nd shift, rotating weekends and holidays.
Performs tests and analyzes body fluids to provide vital clinical information that leads to diagnosis and/or medical treatment of the patient. Provides support/guidance to non-registered testing and support staff to attain positive patient outcomes. Performs appropriate procedures according to well defined age-specific standards.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST 4413
- Baccalaureate Degree Required.
Licensure and Certification:
- MT(ASCP) or Equivalent Certification Required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Technical ability and interest.
- Computer and keyboard skills preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively.
- May require working any shift in a 24-hour period, 7 days/week including holidays and possibly taking call.
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under general supervision, perform and provide results of medical laboratory analyses of body fluids and tissue used by physicians for disease diagnosis of patients and determination and/or evaluation of treatments for illness. Prepare blood component/products for infusion to patients.
1. Perform and provide accurate laboratory test results on human patients.
2. Prepare and issue blood components for patient transfusions.
3. Assist in the collection and transport of patient samples from the clinics to laboratory sections.
4. Handle hazardous materials in accordance with regulations to ensure safe working environment.
5. Requisition and maintain inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment as needed for laboratory operations.
6. Supervise, train, and review the work of students and lower level technicians engaged in clinical laboratory work.
7. Operate complex specialized laboratory instruments; instruct other personnel in the use and operations of these instruments.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to lower classified personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technologist program, or, Bachelor's degree in a scientific field and 5 years full time clinical lab experience, or Bachelor's degree, two years full time clinical lab experience and MLT certification.
2. ASCP certified.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Previous experience as Medical Technologist.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.