Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: New Graduate RN Staff Nurse Journeys - 5th Ardmore Neurosurgery
Job ID: 7897
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare8/22/2014Full Time New Grad RN working 12/hr nights in Neurosurgery Unit.New Graduate RN Journeys Program. New Graduate RN position. BSN preferred, BCLS through the American Heart Association required. Current NC RN licensure.5 Ardmore tower, the Neurosurgery unit, is currently recruiting for a...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/New-Graduate-RN-Staff-Nurse-Journeys---5th-Ardmore-Neurosurgery-7897.htm
Full Time New Grad RN working 12/hr nights in Neurosurgery Unit.
New Graduate RN Journeys Program.
New Graduate RN position. BSN preferred, BCLS through the American Heart Association required. Current NC RN licensure.
5 Ardmore tower, the Neurosurgery unit, is currently recruiting for a new graduate staff nurse position for the 12-hour night shift. This position is a staff nurse position on a fast paced surgical unit. Nurse to patient ratio is 4:1 (sometimes 5:1). The ideal candidate will be a nurse who is patient and family centered, self motivated, and have the desire to work as a team player. This position would attend the Neuroscience Nursing Academy which will better prepare the nurse to work with all types of Neuroscience patients. This position does work holidays on a rotating basis and 2 weekend out of every 6 weeks.
Must have valid NC RN license and AHA BCLS certification.
New graduates should submit the following application requirements in addition to the completed employment application: a resume, 2 letters of references (postal mailed directly to recruitment from nursing instructors), a page/paragraph of nursing career goals to include areas of interest, and an official nursing school transcript (hard copy, please). These items may be mailed to: Nurse Recruitment, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Medical Center Blvd., Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1185.
Job Summary: Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). The staff nurse directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
Education / Experience: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: RN licensure in NC. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year in select areas. ?Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned; waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.?
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient/family centered care focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
3. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
5. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
6. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively
Amount of time spent performing the following activities
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Subject to highly stressful and crowded conditions
Moderate noise environment
Required to wear PPE
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Subject to many interruptions
Handles absentee replacement on short notice
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center strives to provide best-in-class nursing care to our patients. To continue to provide such high quality services, meet internal targets and comply with ACCN Magnet requirements for a plan to increase BSN staff to 80% by 2020, WFBMC desires to employ nurses who have achieved, or will achieve, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. WFBMC will provide nurses who have earned an Associate Degree in Nursing a period of five (5) years from the date of hire to meet that educational requirement.