Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Nurse Asst II - 11 Ardmore East Medicine - Nights
Job ID: 7446
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-SupportWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Support, Medical, Healthcare7/31/2014Regular full-time 12 hr. night shift with every other weekend rotation. Current NA I and NA II listings and CPR certification required. High school diploma or GED required.High School Diploma or GED. Completion of a North Carolina Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide II course or...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Nurse-Asst-II---11-Ardmore-East-(Medicine)-7446.htm
NA II working 12/hr night shift 35.1 hrs/wk with every other weekend rotation
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 11 Ardmore East is a dynamic unit that specializes in the care of patients with a variety of acute and chronic disease processes, as well as, post-surgical renal and/or pancreas transplants. Transplant patients have received solid organs from deceased donors or living donors who are related or non-related. It is recognized as an innovation unit and is heavily involved in creating an environment where care is planned, coordinated, and delivered by a interdisciplinary team where the patient and their family functions as a fully engaged member. We are committed in helping patients reach their own health goals.
This medical-surgical unit is located on the 11th floor of the Ardmore East Tower.
- 22 private rooms, three with negative pressure capability
- 4 Bed Safety Suite
- 26 cardiac telemetry monitors
- Video Safety Monitoring capability for all 18 beds
Patient centered care is provided by a multidisciplinary team consisting of Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and Care Coordination. Self-scheduling with guidelines is available to help maintain a healthy work-life balance. They are supported by a Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, and Dedicated Charge Nurses for each shift. Shared Governance helps to produce an autonomous and progressive unit that takes pride in the excellent care that is provided.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the nursing staff by rendering specific treatments in addition to basic nursing care to assigned patients. Provides direct and indirect care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of age/developmental specific care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED.
Completion of a North Carolina Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide II course or nursing student listed as a Nurse Aide II. Basic Cardiac Life Support BCLS required.
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Listed with the North Carolina Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide II
Listed with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Service Regulation Nurse Aide I Registry
1. Participates in the implementation of the nursing process by giving direct care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Assists with admissions, transfers, discharges, pre- and post-operative care.
2. Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility. Maintains a safe and therapeutic physical environment (i.e., hallways, utility rooms, par stock, kitchen, etc) and minimizes risk of injury by promoting fall precautions, use of call bell, side rails, and other safety precautions, including the use of appropriate lift equipment.
3. Ensures complete, accurate and timely communication of patient information.
4. Performs special procedures correctly under the direction of Registered Nurse.
5. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and professional manner.
6. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance and for professional growth and development.
7. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care in accordance with age/developmental unit specific standards of care.
Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and communication skills - verbal, nonverbal and listening.
Ability to work in a continually changing work environment.
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
Occasionally exposed to radiation hazards
Exposed to cleaning agents/chemicals
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Subject to many interruptions
Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
Uses personal protective equipment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.