Journeys: Navigations for Newly Licensed Nurses is designed to provide support to the new RN graduate nurse during the first year of employment. The goal of the program is to “bridge the gap" between education and practice by supporting new nurses as they transition into their new professional role.
The Journeys program provides support for new
nurses in a variety of clinical areas, including Brenner Children’s Hospital and the
Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The Journeys program includes:
- General nursing orientation
- Specialty classes
- Structured preceptorships
- Workshops (see topics below)
- Peer networking
- Small-group sessions
- Graduate nurse advisor
Eight-hour workshops are designed to assist the newly licensed RN navigate the first year. Topics include:
- Cultural Competence and Diversity
- Managing Delivery of Care
- Patient Instability
- Code Blue Review
- End-of-Life Care
- Professional Practice Model
- Shared Governance
- Team Building and Delegation
- Stress Management and Self Care
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Intraprofessional Communication
- Integrative Modalities
How to Apply
Application dates: Beginning October 1 for Fall/Winter graduates and January 1 for Spring/Summer graduates. For consideration we require the following:
- Completed WFBH application (Please apply for positions listed as New Graduate RN Journeys only.) Please see system requirements below.
Our application system supports the following browsers. Please note that Internet Explorer 10 is not recommended. The system does not support smartphones or tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9; Firefox 7
- Mac: Safari 3, 4, 5; Firefox 3.6 and 7
Medical Center Staffing Services
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1185