Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Community Physican Occupation Health Nurse-RN Part-time -Mocksville
Job ID: 6943
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare6/23/2014This part-time RN position is with our Community Physican Practice working 12 to 20 hours each week in Mocksville. The candidate will be responsible for effecting ongoing quality, productivity and efficiency in promoting health and wellness for the wellness of employees of local...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Occupation-Health-Nurse-RN-Part-time-Community-Physican-Practice-Mocksville-6943.htm
This part-time RN position is with our Community Physican working 20 hours each week in Mocksville and provides limited benefits.
This Occupational Health RN will work PRN through our Community Physician practice in Mocksville at various, local industrial sites. Hours vary from 12-20 hours each week as needed. Occuaptional Health experience is preferred.
The candidate will be responsible for effecting ongoing quality, productivity and efficiency in promoting health and wellness for the wellness of employees of local businessesin compliance with his/her licensure by performing some or all of the following duties.
NC RN Licensure required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Case management
- Coordinates client referrals to other providers.
- Completes required forms for Workers' Compensation cases
- Performs follow-up evaluations of employees with detailed documentation of progress
- Medical Care
- Direct patient care (first aid)
- Performs annual physicals and placement examinations
- Completes screenings and testing and reports results
- Completes follow-up and return to work exams and consultations
- Participates in formal classes for groups of employees
- Coordinates health fairs
- Conducts training sessions for regulatory requirements
- Consultation and Support
- Provides one-on-one counseling with clients
- Consults with managers regarding employee work restrictions
- Consults with managers regarding regulations
- Develops policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements
- Builds teams and partnerships
- Ensures a safe working environment for self and coworkers by following regulatory agency and organizational policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the general Wake Forest Baptist Health Community Physician's standards to promote a cooperative working environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
- Participates in regular team meetings and continuous improvement activities.
- Knowledge of care terms for coordination of patient care.
- Performs other responsibilities within job class as requested by the Nurse Manager, Practice Manager or Physician.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; B.S. or B.A. (or equivalent education and experience). Valid NC license to practice as a Registered Nurse. COHN or COHN-S or COHN-S/CM preferred. BCLS certification required
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of three (3) years experience. Prefer ED or Public health experience.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require travel to off -site businesses, may require sitting, standing, and stooping for long periods of time; also bending and stretching. Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer or typewriter keyboard. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be within normal range for telephone contacts. It may be necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in an environment that can be very stressful. This position may involve irregular, evening, weekend and holiday hours.
EQUIPMENT USED: IBM-Compatible Computer, Calculator, Telephone, Copier, Fax Machine, and other such office equipment as necessary.
Key knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Ability to learn and understand 6. Execution
- Responsiveness 7. Detail-oriented
- Judgment 8. Initiative
- Communication / Teaching / Training 9. Organization
- Patient Contact 10. Stress tolerance
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require standing, walking, sitting, bending and stretching. Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to perform essential job functions. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be within normal range for telephone contacts. It may be necessary to work in an environment that can be very stressful. Must be able to handle emergency or crisis situations. May perform emergency care. This position involves regular exposure to the risk of blood-borne or airborne diseases and exposure to radiation hazards.
This description reflects the primary responsibilities of the position identified for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.