Ophthalmic Asst, Certified | Ophthalmology PBC
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Ophthalmic Asst, Certified
Job ID: 6957
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-Clinical
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North CarolinaAllied Health-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare6/12/2014Certified Ophthalmic Assistant CERTIFIED OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANT 4421 FUNCTION OF JOB Under general supervision, perform a variety of general office functions, patient care activities, and ophthalmic diagnostic tests. CHARACTERISTIC WORK 1. Record patient information such as ocular...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Ophthalmic-Asst,-Certified-6957.htm
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant CERTIFIED OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANT 4421
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under general supervision, perform a variety of general office functions, patient care activities, and ophthalmic diagnostic tests.
1. Record patient information such as ocular history, family history, previous adverse drug reactions and allergies, systemic illness, and details of present medications; establish rapport with patients during diagnostic tests and examinations.
2. Administer visual fields, color hue tests, lensometry, and PAM's; check visual acuity and dilate eyes when necessary.
3. Perform routine maintenance of equipment using established methods of cleaning and sterilization.
4. Prepare examining room and instrument trays for minor office surgery and assist physician and patient as needed; maintain adequate linen and towel supplies, autoclave instruments, and refill trays after minor surgery.
5. Advise consult patients of appointment and direct/escort to proper examining room; maintain consult patient log.
6. Maintain complete record of patients that are photographed; label and file slides/photographs with cross reference to diagnosis.
7. Complete lab slips and requisitions for tests; deliver specimens to lab.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. High School graduation or recognized equivalent.
2. One year experience as an ophthalmic assistant.
3. Satisfactory completion of an approved JCAHPO home study course and written examination for COA certification.
4. CPR certification.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.