PRN Speech Language Pathologst-Lexington Medical Center | Lexington Memorial Hospital
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: PRN Speech Language Pathologst-Lexington Medical Center
Job ID: 7098
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAllied Health-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare6/23/2014Lexington Medical Center''s Rehab Services Department is seeking a PRN Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to join their team on a PRN basis. The SLP Responsible for patient evaluation and/or treatment to any person when so ordered by a physician. The SLP is responsible and accountable for...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/PRN-Speech-Language-Pathologst-Lexington-Medical-Center-7098.htm
Lexington Medical Center's Rehab Services Department is seeking a PRN Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to join their team on a PRN basis. The SLP Responsible for patient evaluation and/or treatment to any person when so ordered by a physician. The SLP is responsible and accountable for providing direct, age appropriate patient care for the Speech Language patient, performing specialized tests and treatments, as well as teaching procedures to the patient, family and other health personnel.
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for patient evaluation and/or treatment any person when so ordered by a physician. He/she is responsible and accountable for providing direct, age appropriate patient care for the Speech Language patient. The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for the performance of specialized tests and treatments as well as teaching procedures to the patient, family and other health personnel.
Graduate of an accredited curriculum in Speech Language Pathology with Master's Degree.
Director, Assistant Director
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION
Licensed to practice Speech Language Pathology in the State of North Carolina with current licensure.
Maintains skill and knowledge pertinent to professional responsibilities.
Participates in various continuing educational activities to enhance basic knowledge of Speech Language Pathology principles/practices.
Shares information from continuing education with Rehab staff.
Initiates patient care.
Evaluates patients appropriately and objectively, setting goals, treatment plans, etc. as outlined in initial competency.
Reassesses patient status regularly and alters Plan of Care as needed.
- Knowledgeable in age specific SLP evaluations for infants through older adults.
Communication and interaction with physicians and their staff.
- Relays pertinent information to physicians on the patient's condition
- Processes physician's orders and instructions for patient care
- Clarifies and confirms orders according to established protocols
- Relays information to and from physician for patient
Performs patient care.
Carries out patient treatment appropriately as indicated by orders, assessment, and diagnosis.
- Monitors patient progress toward established goals.
- Prepares parent/responsible party of infants, children and mentally challenged for therapeutic procedures. Explains procedure and works at a pace patient can tolerate physically and mentally.
- Uses age appropriate toys/materials for infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Provides a safe environment for therapy. Does not leave infants, children or mentally challenged adults unattended.
- Completes treatments in a logical sequence and in a timely manner.
Maintains medical records.
- Documents daily progress, change in treatment, and patient status appropriately, timely, and objectively in patient chart. Knowledgeable of SOAP format.
- Obtains signed referrals and insurance information to assist with reimbursement issues.
Teaches patient and family about condition (if applicable).
- Provides education appropriate to age of population.
- Assesses patient for barriers to learning.
- Answers questions regarding treatment plan.
- Explains procedures, education, and plan of care to parents/responsible party of infants, children, adolescents as well as family members or responsible party of forgetful adults.
- Provides valid and accurate information.
- Provides information at level of understanding.
- Verifies understanding of information conveyed by health care team.
- Provides emotional support as needed in a respectful manner. Involves the patient, parent/responsible party in decision-making and control of plan of care when able.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Contact with patients, family members, visitors, coworkers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances.
- The ability to work with infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and older adult patients.
- Exposure to hazardous substances; patient care environment, infectious diseases, body fluids.
- Subject to many interruptions.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 250 Hospital Drive, Lexington, NC 27292. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 238-4205. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 238-4205 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.