Patient Relations Rep - Davie | Davie County Hospital
Job Title: Patient Relations Rep - Davie
Job ID: 3953
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Professional / Management
This position is located at our Davie Medical Center - Bermuda Run
Part Time - 16 hours, Saturdays and Sundays
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Revision: September 2011
This position is designed to strengthen, personalize and enhance relationships between patient and the Medical Center. Functions as a patient advocate and liaison, interfacing patients, families, staff and hospital administration. Facilitates the resolution of problems and concerns voiced by patients and their family members regarding care rendered in the Hospital/Medical Center. Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the Medical Center. Works with others in the department to promote a harmonious work environment. Ensures that all contacts with patients, the public, physicians and other hospital staff are carried out in a prompt and courteous manner. Displays concern and provides assistance or explains procedures as appropriate. Maintains patient confidentiality. Documents concerns for later analysis with regards to maintaining/improving quality of care in the institution.
BA or BS degree in one of the social sciences or nursing. Ten years comparable experience in a related field can be accepted in lieu of 4 year degree.
Equivalent work experience in hospital patient relations.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Identifies concerns of patients/families regarding services within the Medical Center.
2. Responds to patient/family problems, complaints and inquiries resolving concerns.
3. Investigates and resolves patient/family problems with Medical Center departments by referral to appropriate departmental supervision.
4. Provides follow-up to ensure patient satisfaction and documentation for further analysis with regards to maintaining/improving quality of care in the institution.
5. Assists in compilation of monthly Patient Relations report.
6. Maintains professional knowledge and provides training.
7. Provides age/developmental appropriate care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served when interacting with patient?s families.
8. Promotes a caring and compassionate environment in the Intensive Care Unit.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
Ability to deal calmly and effectively with people who may be emotionally volatile.
Clean, well-let, office environment.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.