Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Patient Service Coordinator
Job ID: 7535
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare7/29/2014FLSA Status: Non-exempt Original Date: February 2013 Last Revision: March 2014 JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing patients an optimal pathway to an appointment in our ambulatory clinical setting. Pleasantly and professionally cares for patients during their appointment making process....http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Patient-Service-Coordinator-7535.htm
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Original Date: February 2013
Last Revision: March 2014
Responsible for providing patients an optimal pathway to an appointment in our ambulatory clinical setting. Pleasantly and professionally cares for patients during their appointment making process. Courteously answers the phone and processes the patient's request in as timely a manner as possible. Responsible for accurate and complete messaging regarding appointments or requested information. Requires excellence in customer service and telephone etiquette. A regionalized supervisor will be available in the event of escalation of issues that are outside of the PSC's knowledge base.
High School graduate or recognized equivalent plus one year office or clerical work experience in a direct customer service role
Experience working in high volume, fast paced environment, answering phones and utilizing electronic messaging
Must have a satisfactory score on a departmental data entry test
Medical terminology preferred
Bilingual Spanish preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Utilizes computer programs and follows established guidelines to schedule, update, and cancel appointments.
2. Follows departmental policies and procedures to assure completeness and accuracy of registration data. Ensures accurate billing and statistical information and maintains accurate authorization records.
3. Coordinates with co-workers to accomplish departmental work assignments. Strives to meet or exceed target for abandoned call rates.
4. Ensures coordination of patient care and flow of information by promptly screening calls, delivering clear and concise messages to appropriate party, appropriately documenting patient scheduling information, and effectively communicating with ambulatory clinical departments.
5. Ensures coordination of patient care documentation by assisting with completion of forms following established guidelines, maintaining current knowledge of insurance documentation and authorization requirements, and obtaining referring clinic documentation.
6. Contributes to success of department by assisting with development and implementation of methods to improve customer service and recognizing problems and determining possible solutions. Serves as a courteous and cooperative liaison between patients, medical staff, and outside agencies. Anticipates workflow and prepares accordingly.
7. Performs other position related duties as assigned.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Demonstrated ability to resolve consumer problems under stressful conditions
Ability to stay positive in demanding situations
Must be able to develop and maintain professional, service oriented relationships with patients, physicians and co-workers and supervisors
Medical office environment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.