Pharmacy Technician I - Central Pharmacy Team | HR 320000 F
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician I - Central Pharmacy Team
Job ID: 7789
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-TechWinston-Salem, NCAllied Health-Tech, Medical, Healthcare8/15/20143rd shift - 7 on/7 off Wednesday - Tuesday 9:30 pm to 8:00 am Prepares and delivers unit dose medications and cart fill for adult and pediatric patients. Participates in quality and process improvement activities of the Central Pharmacy. Assists pharmacists in providing high quality...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Pharmacy-Technician-I---Central-Pharmacy-Team-7789.htm
3rd shift - 7 on/7 off Wednesday - Tuesday 9:30 pm to 8:00 am
Prepares and delivers unit dose medications and cart fill for adult and pediatric patients. Participates in quality and process improvement activities of the Central Pharmacy. Assists pharmacists in providing high quality pharmaceutical care. Attends periodic area meetings. Attends required in services and skills development courses. May be cross-trained to other areas. Will be expected to uphold the hospital's five key values and to be a team player at all times. JOB SUMMARY:
Provides technical support for the pharmacist to ensure that patients receive comprehensive pharmaceutical care, appropriate to the age and severity of illness of the patient.
High School graduate. Completion of a technician training program preferred.
1-2 years of previous pharmacy experience required.
Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration required within 30 days of employment.
PTCB technician certification (CPhT) required.
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
2. Works cooperatively with others and organizes daily workflow to optimize output.
3. Assists the pharmacist in preparing and processing medication orders/prescriptions to ensure that patients and departments receive medications when needed and are accurately charged for services.
4. Assists with stock maintenance to ensure that quality in-date drug products and supplies are available when needed.
5. Provides pharmacy service to the patient care areas.
6. Participates in the team approach to quality improvement to support the Pharmacy Department?s commitment to the philosophy and principles of Total Quality.
7. Maintains updated knowledge and skills and contributes to the education of others.
8. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
9. Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to talk with patients/caregivers and others to obtain and provide information in a professional manner.
Basic math skills.
Typing and computer skills.
Good organizational skills.
Comfortable heat and light.
Noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, robot, hoods, and verbal communication.
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
Possible exposure to the risk of bloodborne pathogens and/or airborne pathogens.
Possible exposure to latex.
Possible exposure to cytotoxic (chemotherapeutic) agents.
Pressure due to multiple demands.
Potential for criminal activity (robbery, etc.)
Non-stop activity associated with daily routine.
Subject to extremely hectic pace.
Subject to changes in work schedules and areas to meet customer/department needs.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.