Physical Therapist -or- Physical Therapy Assistant - Mocksville | Davie County Hospital
Job Title: Physical Therapist -or- Physical Therapy Assistant - Mocksville
Job ID: 4056
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-Clinical
DAVIE MEDICAL CENTER - MOCKSVILLE
Full-time, Regular benefits
Provide physical therapy services to patients in SNF/acute/short-term vent programs at Davie County Hospital in Mocksville. Be part of an interdisciplinary team in a small facility with a diverse and challenging patient caseload. Some weekends required.
Opportunity to have a small general outpatient practice and/or assist with coverage at Bermuda run outpatient facility.
Full time though flexible to 30 hours
Requirements: NC licensed PT or PTA, AHA CPR certification. Experience preferred but mentorship available for strong new grad.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST 6679
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under administrative review, administer and supervise physical therapy programs to restore function in patients with disabilities, disorders, and injuries.
1. Evaluate patients admitted; select and administer appropriate tests for the diagnosis of developmental disabilities.
2. Develop and coordinate treatment programs for patients; re-evaluate and update programs on a regular basis.
3. Provide direct physical therapy treatment and/or supervise treatment programs.
4. Complete written evaluations and progress notes; write discharge summaries on each patient; keep related records and statistics.
5. Provide necessary home programs, family instruction, and conduct follow-up.
6. Evaluate patient's needs for adaptive equipment and advise family on methods of obtaining it; modify equipment as necessary, design and supervise making of specialized equipment.
7. Schedule patients for physical therapy.
8. Participate in regular staff meetings.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy.
2. Current and valid Physical Therapy license issued by the NC Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
3. Knowledge of all technical procedures, equipment operations, and specific skills involved in the practice of physical therapy and rehabilitation.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Postgraduate courses or work experience in specialized fields of physical therapy, such as electromyography, cerebral palsy, poliomyelitis, or rehabilitation of the severely disabled.
2. Previous experience in clinical supervision.
3. Major in physical education.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.