Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Physical Therapist Assistant - Acute Care
Job ID: 1829
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-Clinical
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North CarolinaAllied Health-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare3/18/2013Acute Care Position M-F with rotating weekends, flexible scheduling will be considered. Seeking new team member to treat diverse patient populations and diagnoses in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Primary service areas include: Medicine, Surgery, Burns, Orthopedics, Trauma,...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Physical-Therapist-Assistant---Acute-Care-1829.htm
Acute Care Position M-F with rotating weekends, flexible scheduling will be considered. Seeking new team member to treat diverse patient populations and diagnoses in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Primary service areas include: Medicine, Surgery, Burns, Orthopedics, Trauma, Pediatrics, Neurology, and Neurosurgery. An interest and/or experience in a specialty area are preferred. PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT 6685
New Grads are welcome. NC Physical Therapist Assistant Licensure and American Heart Association CPR certification required.
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under general review, assist with physical therapy programs to restore function in patients with disabilities, disorders, and injuries. Assist with research programs involving physical therapy.
1. Carry out physical therapy programs as planned and directed by the physical therapist in clinical and research applications. This involves training patients in exercises, ambulation, and activities of daily living; care for braces, prothesis, bandages, and other active assistive devices; assist physical therapist with tests and evaluations; develop and write educational materials; collect clinical assessment scores, radiographic scores and assessments, and health related quality of life information.
2. Perform a wide range of tests and evaluations in a clinical or research setting. This involves evaluation of developmental levels and functions, gross and fine motor skills, neurological-reflex testing, equilibrium, coordination, protective responses, muscle strength, muscle tone, joint range of motion, daily living skills and activities, and perceptual motor skills and defects. Screen for orthopaedic and physical defects, genetic anomalies, or idiopathic.
3. Maintain supplies and equipment.
4. Assist with research protocol and treatment development; ensure quality control of data.
5. Participate in staff meetings, forums, committees, and inservice training activities.
6. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Successful completion of two year college program for Physical Therapy Assistants approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
2. Physical Therapy Assistant licensure in the State of North Carolina.
3. Good physical strength and condition.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. At least one year of previous experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
2. Research experience.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.