Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Program Manager, Alzheimer''s Disease Research Center
Job ID: 4843
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare11/5/2013Internal Medicine - GerontologyFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekThe Program Manager of the Alzheimer''''s Disease Research Center will provide critical assistance to the Center Director to support the planning, implementation, and coordination of the research, education, and outreach...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Program-Manager,-Alzheimer-s-Disease-Research-Center-4843.htm
Internal Medicine - Gerontology
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
The Program Manager of the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center will provide critical assistance to the Center Director to support the planning, implementation, and coordination of the research, education, and outreach activities for the Center.
Job Summary: The Program Manager of the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center provides critical assistance to the Center Director to support the planning, implementation, and coordination of the research, education, and outreach activities for the Center.
Education / Experience: MS degree or PhD required in area of relevance to Alzheimer's disease or to research program management. PhD is preferred. Three years of research and grant experience required, along with supervisory and administrative experience.
Reports To: Director, Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Valid driver's license
1. In collaboration with the Center leadership, oversee the planning, development, and marketing of the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
2. Assist with implementing, in collaboration with appropriate leadership, the short- and long-term goals of the program. Ensure that goals are coordinated with the program's strategic plan and are aligned with overall medical center priorities.
3. Coordinate and/or implement all operational policies and procedures related to the functioning of the program.
4. Direct the development of administrative documents, manuals, and reports relevant to program.
5. Identify potential funding sources and provide guidance to researchers in leveraging identified grant opportunities.
6. Assist with preparing grant submissions related to Alzheimer's disease research.
7. Provide some post-award monitoring and administrative support for current funding.
8. Maintains professional development. Participates in identifying learning needs based on job performance and changes in job requirements.
9. Collaborate with and assist researchers in the development of protocols. This includes writing, editing and proofreading protocols.
10. As needed, contribute material to publishable articles about the work of the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
11. Research, write and edit clinical or statistical reports based on program information.
12. Serve as a liaison for regional, national and international conferences.
Skills and Qualifications:
Superior oral and written communication skills.
Familiarity with basic science and clinical research practices in area of relevance to Alzheimer's disease.
Superior organizational skills and computer skills.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
X Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
The work environment for this position will be mostly administrative. The incumbent will interact with researchers and other stakeholders from local, national, and international organizations, along with research staff from the Alzheimer's disease Research Center and affiliates, and community representatives. The incumbent will not be expected to participate directly in the conduct of research. Overnight travel may be required.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.