Research Associate | WF Institute for Regen Medicin
Job Title: Research Associate
Job ID: 3463
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Research Professional
WAKE FOREST INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
The individual will be responsible for the management of research projects that involves planning, development, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
1. Provide technical skills training to investigators and assist with problem solving.
2. Provide scientific guidance to investigators.
3. Ensure timely progress of research projects and identify areas of technical difficulty and provide solutions.
4. Evaluate progress of research projects and assess validity of research data.
5. Participate in grant proposal planning and writing.
6. Responsible for managing research projects and overseeing day to day laboratory activities.
7. Communicate with sponsors and report progress of research projects.
8. Manage research portfolio and identify potential grant opportunities.
9. Evaluate the quality of research outcome and ensure that all laboratory procedures are performed properly.
10. Ensure that all laboratory procedures are performed in adherence to regulation.
11. Work closely with principal investigator(s) in developing plans and strategies, and to discuss the outcome of research.
12. Manage translational research and clinical studies.
Minimum acceptable qualifications
1. Doctoral degree in basic and/or biomedical sciences
2. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of scientific principles
3. 5 years of experience in directing and managing research projects in an academic or industrial setting.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.