Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Research Lab Technician I
Job ID: 5532
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Laboratory / Animal CareWinston-Salem, NCLaboratory / Animal Care, Medical, Healthcare1/8/2014PHYSIOLOGY/PHARMACOLOGY Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week Research Laboratory - Non-human Primates-Provide routine animal care and maintain animal housing facility-Monitor health of NHPs while keeping detailed records of physiological measures and behavioral procedures-Maintain and...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Research-Lab-Technician-I-5532.htm
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
Research Laboratory - Non-human Primates
-Provide routine animal care and maintain animal housing facility
-Monitor health of NHPs while keeping detailed records of physiological measures and behavioral procedures
-Maintain and sanitize laboratory equipment unique to NHP research
-Assist senior technicians to administer medical treatments to animals as directed by PI or senior NHP staff member
-As instructed, order lab supplies and animal enrichment supplies. -Adhere to proper use of enrichment procedures to fit within the guidelines of the ACUC protocol
-Maintain mandatory written and online records of enrichment, surgery, and medical treatments
-Assist senior lab staff and PI to intravenously collect blood samples
Minimum Qualifications: Please see generic description below
Departmental Preferences: Associate's degree or above and previous experience with laboratory animals RESEARCH LABORATORY TECHNICIAN I 4429
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under direct supervision from a higher level technician or a principal investigator, assist in the performance of a variety of standardized physical, chemical, or biological tests. Procedures and techniques are outlined in detail with the employee exercising limited discretion and independent judgment in completing assigned tasks.
1. Conduct standardized chemical and physical tests on experimental or clinical materials/specimens.
2. Operate a balance and other standard laboratory equipment for mixing, weighing, and preparing specimens for clinical/experimental analysis.
3. Make minor adjustments to correctly calibrate various types of physical testing and electronic
4. Assist higher level technicians in making micro-analysis, tepids analysis, enzyme studies, radioactive studies, and chromatographic studies on various types of tissues, secretions, and excretions.
5. Assist with experiments using animals by restraining them for inoculation and anesthetization; perform routine handling and treatment; set up monitoring equipment.
6. Feed animals in accordance with prescribed simple diets.
7. Clean and sterilize delicate glassware and equipment and maintain premises in sanitary condition.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Associate's degree in Biotechnology or related scientific field of study, or equivalent education and experience.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.