Research Lab Technician II | WF Institute for Regen Medicin
Job Title: Research Lab Technician II
Job ID: 3863
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Laboratory / Animal Care
WAKE FOREST INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
Technician provides testing support of project related activities for manufacture of clinical products and/or process developmental products to ensure product safety, efficacy, and identity. Performs a variety of moderately complex and generally standardized physical, chemical and/or biological operations using validated equipment and procedures. Provides direction and guidance to lower level QC technicians.
- Implements and maintains quality control systems and activities.
- Implements and follows standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the identity, safety, efficacy and reproducibility of products.
- Conducts routine and non-routine analysis of consumables/reagents, in-process and finished products according to SOPs.
- Operates various analytical equipment and data collection software such as Flow Cytometers, Biosafety Cabinets, Microscopes, BacT/ALERT 3D Sterility, and Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager.
- Executes and follows simplistic process and equipment validation documents and assists in all validation activities.
- Performs environmental monitoring activities to help maintain regulatory requirements for microbial and particulate counts in the GMP facility.
- Assures that products, processes, facilities and systems conform to quality control standards and GMP regulations.
- Revises SOPs to support internal quality control systems, data systems, technical issues and instrumentation.
- Reviews relevant FDA Code of Federal Regulation sections to demonstrate full GMP understanding.
- Passes stringent GMP gowning and aseptic processing qualifications to attain/verify skill level consistent with working in a GMP environment.
- Trains lower level QC technicians on simplistic equipment functions and laboratory processes.
- Orders all requisite GMP QC Laboratory consumables and reagents.
- Maintains a controlled environment in the GMP QC Laboratory setting by performing maintenance and/or cleaning of laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots simplistic equipment and laboratory processes with minimum support.
- Attends internal and local seminars, training sessions and workshops to maintain competency in evolving current GMP regulations and job functional requirements.
- Assists and supports laboratory investigations for all product which does not confirm to specifications and notifies affected departments.
- Ensures GMP regulatory compliance via partnership with Quality Assurance, Facilities Engineering and Manufacturing personnel.
- Takes initiative to identify opportunities for process improvement.
Oral and/or written instructions received from higher level QC technician and/or Quality manager.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS: See generic description below
ADDITIONAL DEPARTMENTAL PREFERENCES:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in life sciences or biology, chemistry or other science related discipline and 2-4 years of Quality Control experience.
- Degree from a technical school or biotechnology program and 4-6 years of related Quality Control experience.
- Graduation from high school and 6+ years of related Quality Control experience.
2+ years of experience in Quality Control and/or GMP
Excellent recordkeeping and documentation skills
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and other computer software
Outstanding interpersonal skills, high energy and motivated
RESEARCH LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II 4428
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under direct supervision from a higher level technician or a principal investigator, perform a variety of moderately complex and generally standardized physical, chemical, or biological tests with procedures and techniques previously outlined by established protocols and other scientific data. Provide direction and guidance to lower classified personnel.
1. Conduct generally standardized chemical, physical, and biological tests on experimental/clinical materials; make micro-analysis, lipids analysis, enzyme studies, and chromatographic studies on various types of tissues, secretions, and excretions.
2. Setup equipment and organize materials used in performing scheduled tests, experiments, and/or operations.
3. Select the appropriate experimental/clinical format from established standard formats; prepare simple charts, graphs, and reports from data obtained during research experiments and observations of research subjects.
4. Isolate and identify various microorganisms through established laboratory techniques.
5. Train and demonstrate to graduate students, medical students, and other technical personnel, a variety of technical procedures.
6. Take blood samples, pressures, and other specimens and measurements as required by research/clinical protocols; inoculate research animals with various pathogens; perform minor animal surgery.
7. Collect tissues and specimens for laboratory analysis; obtain samples, prepare, mount, and stain tissue, blood, and other substances for microscopic examinations.
8. Review scientific journals, abstracts, and other publications for information applicable to research projects.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to lower classified personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in biology, chemistry, zoology, or other science related to the assigned research field.
2. Graduation from high school and four years of related clinical/ research experience, whichever applicable for position to be filled.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.