Security Officer I - Davie Medical Center | WFBH-Davie Medical Center
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Security Officer I - Davie Medical Center
Job ID: 6610
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: ServiceWinston-Salem, NCService, Medical, Healthcare11/19/2014Evening shift, 2pm - 12:30pm, weekend rotation included in schedule.Acquires and applies the job skills necessary to provide a safe and secure environment in compliance with Davie Medical Center policies and TJC requirements.High School Graduate or equivalent is required along with a valid...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Security-Officer-I---Davie-Medical-Center-6610.htm
Evening shift, 2pm - 12:30pm, weekend rotation included in schedule.
Acquires and applies the job skills necessary to provide a safe and secure environment in compliance with Davie Medical Center policies and TJC requirements.
High School Graduate or equivalent is required along with a valid North Carolina Driver's License with no restrictions.
Job Summary: Acquires and applies the job skills necessary to provide a safe and secure environment in compliance with Davie Medical Center policies and TJC requirements.
Education / Experience: High School Graduate or equivalent
Valid North Carolina Driver's License (with no restrictions)
Reports To:Support Services Manager
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration:
- Respirator certified –ability to use N-95
- North Carolina Medical Responder training within 18 months of employment for full-time officers; Certification required within one year of completion of training. Code 44 training
- I.A.H.S.S. Basic Health Care Security Officer Training Certification required within one year
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training required within one year
- Pepper Foam Spray certified within one year
- Handcuff Training within 90 days.
- Notary Certification within first year.
Following hospital and department policies and procedures, adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Enforces the Medical Center Smoking policy.
- Identifying unsafe acts or practices by staff, visitors, patients, volunteers.
- Reminding staff when property is at risk of theft.
Conducts routine patrols, checking for and reporting safety hazards and unsafe conditions that could cause injury to people and/or damage to property.
Conducts investigations of safety and security incidents that result in loss or damage to property, potential liability, or violation of Medical Center policy.
- Responding promptly to all alarms and codes
- Responding promptly to the scene when notified.
- Interviewing the involved parties and collecting the necessary information.
- Making recommendations to prevent the incident from happening again.
- Completing reports in a timely manner.
- Conducting follow-up investigations as directed.
- Recovering lost or stolen property.
Proficient in fire safety procedures.
Responding properly to fire alarm activations.
- Directing fire department personnel to the fire scene.
- Securing the elevators.
- Restricting people from entering the building until an All Clear is announced.
- Providing directions to other staff responding to the scene or evacuating the building.
- Attempting to determine the cause of the alarm.
Provides a wide range of safety/security services and assistance.
Offering assistance to individuals as needed
- Providing escorts in a timely manner.
- Assisting staff with combative patients and visitors.
- Releasing bodies from the morgue in accordance with protocol.
- Providing special protection to directors and managers who are terminating or disciplining an employee.
- Unlocking doors only after obtaining proper authorization and the identification of the person requesting entry.
- Patrols parking areas and providing vehicle assistance is needed
- Uses knowledge of age/developmental specific data when communicating with patients and customers and specific care needs related to safety issues
- Utilizing knowledge of age/developmental specific care needs during an emergency response or when utilizing emergency equipment
Maintains security of high-risk and sensitive areas.
Challenging individuals that he/she believes have no legitimate reason to be at the Medical Center.
- Making all scheduled checks of high risk and sensitive areas such as Pharmacy, E.D., OR and inpatient areas.
Attends all TJC and department training required by continuing education.
Complete all required departmental training.
- Complete all continuing education training.
- Maintain certification and training.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Basic Computer skills
• Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency training.
• Must be able to communicate professionally. Must be able to make independent decisions with little involvement of the supervisor. Must have and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
• Security personnel are held to the standards of conduct represented in the North Carolina General Statute that regulates private security organizations: Chapter 74 C. Private Protective Services
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
Reaching with arms
Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
20 lbs. maximum
50 lbs. maximum
100 lbs. maximum
This position works a set schedule but may be called in to respond to staff shortages and emergencies.
• May be exposed to toxic chemicals or unpleasant odors.
• Contact with patients, visitors, and staff under a wide variety of circumstances.
• Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
• Handles emergency and crisis situations.
• Subject to many interruptions.
• Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
• Walks in all weather conditions and on many different surfaces.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Health - Davie Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.