Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Senior Programmer/Analyst
Job ID: 5446
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North CarolinaInformation Technology, Medical, Healthcare1/7/2014IT - EpicFull-time regular, 40 hours/week Necessary experience: At least three (3) years interface engine experience – Oracle eGate 5.0.5 SRE desired, other engine experience a plus. Enterprise Application Integration in a healthcare environment Effective communication skills with...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Senior-Programmer/Analyst-5446.htm
IT - Epic
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
- At least three (3) years interface engine experience – Oracle eGate 5.0.5 SRE desired, other engine experience a plus.
- Enterprise Application Integration in a healthcare environment
- Effective communication skills with application vendors and medical center departments to identify interface needs
- Superior analytical skills
- Use of various messaging formats preferred (HL7, X12, fixed, . . .)
- TCP/IP, batch FTP/SFTP, and webservices communication protocols
- Unix commands and editors
- Unix shell and Perl scripting preferred
- Epic Bridges experience a plus
Experience with other medical sites using Epic Bridges would be a plus including hospital data and terminology.
On call rotation to provide 24x7 support for the interface engine.
Strong project management experience, ability to work independently as well as favorably within a team atmosphere, and ability to learn new programming and/or reporting tools quickly.
Experience in integration application administration and maintenance, including but not limited to installation, scheduled tasks, error logs, and interfaces.
Document interface specifications and code to verify accuracy. Follow standards, best practices, and meet business requirements. SENIOR ANALYST/PROGRAMMER 1236
FUNCTION OF JOB
Work independently with very general direction. Provide expert guidance and supervision to staff programmers in the area of computer programming and data base development. Monitor software development operations and make recommendations for improvements. Assume primary role in key projects.
1. Supervise quality of work of lower level programmers on large multi-programmer projects; take lead role in data flow analysis and design of multi-programmer projects.
2. Explore and develop new software products; involved in long range planning with programming manager.
3. Apply wide knowledge of hardware and software to user consulting.
4. Suggest cost effective hardware and software upgrades.
5. Analyze effectiveness of programming teams and make recommendations for ways to improve staff performance; participate in staff training and personnel resource development.
6. Serve as active member on departmental committees dealing with programming issues.
7. Perform complicated data transfers and conversions.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree with computer courses.
2. Four years of experience in computer programming or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Demonstrated verbal and analytical skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Education and/or experience beyond the minimum required.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.