Social Worker II - Weekends | HR 322600 E
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Social Worker II - Weekends
Job ID: 7198
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Health / Human ServicesWinston-Salem, NCHealth / Human Services, Medical, Healthcare7/7/2014The Social Worker provides social work services, complex discharge planning, and care coordination to patients and their families. Identifies needed community services and refers patients in need to the appropriate service(s). Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Social-Worker-II---Weekends-7198.htm
SOCIAL WORKER II 6666
The Social Worker provides social work services, complex discharge planning, and care coordination to patients and their families. Identifies needed community services and refers patients in need to the appropriate service(s). Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to affect positive patient and family outcomes. Intervenes with patients who have complex psychosocial needs, offers crisis intervention to patients and families with psychosocial needs, and coordinates and facilitates the development of a discharge plan of care for high-risk patient populations. Communicates with other hospital staff re: psycho-social issues that impact health condition/status.
Masters degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Social work experience in a healthcare setting desirable.
Clinical licensure (or provisional status) desirable. Certification as Accredited Case Manager encouraged.
THIS IS AN EVERY WEEKEND POSITION!!
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under general supervision, responsible for providing advanced services and conducting interviews, interpreting data collected, determining available resources, referring patients to community agencies and providing follow-up assistance. Work may involve limited supervision of interns and other social workers.
1. Provide advanced services and counseling to patients and their families in individual and group sessions concerning more complex family, health and personal problems; refer patients to community agencies related to general family relationships and health and financial problems; investigate the use of additional resources or services.
2. Interview patients and members of the family to obtain social history material and advise on available social, medical and psychiatric services.
3. Confer with therapy team regarding the needs and problems of patients; interpret the social implications to family members and other appropriate agencies; assist patient and/or family in understanding, accepting and following medical recommendations.
4. Prepare for and attend court hearings, staff meetings and conferences to represent patient; assist in implementing recommendations or ruling of other agencies or professionals.
5. Provide guidance and direction to interns and other social workers.
6. Maintain case records and prepare reports relative to history and treatment of individuals.
7. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher level social worker, physicians or administrator and is reviewed through observation, conference and review of case reports and records.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in Social Work
2. Two years of social work experience.
3. Eligibility for NC clinical social work certification.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.