Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Special Projects Coordinator
Job ID: 7467
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare7/24/2014DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDIESFull-time Regular, 40 hours/weekUnder administrative review of the department Chair, responsible for designing, developing, initiating, implementing and coordinating academic projects. Support initiatives which seek to align better maintenance of...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Special-Projects-Coordinator-7467.htm
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDIES
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
Under administrative review of the department Chair, responsible for designing, developing, initiating, implementing and coordinating academic projects.
- Support initiatives which seek to align better maintenance of professional accreditation through collaboration with peer processes in MD education and graduate medical education.
- Increase working knowledge of PA competencies and educational standards through self study to guide future audits of program operations.
- Collaborate with the Design Analysis Unit to create routine data analysis plans for longitudinal data on student performance, faculty effectiveness, and curricular compliance with standards.
- Liaison with community partners and regional affiliates to support collaborative project planning for academic, workforce development and new business development initiatives
- Organize meetings for Chair & Department as directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Please see generic description below SPECIAL PROJECTS COORDINATOR 1987
Job Summary: Under administrative review, responsible for designing, developing, initiating, implementing and coordinating academic enterprise projects.
Education / Experience: Requires a Bachelor?s degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related field and one year of project coordination experience; Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reports To: Medical Center Senior Executive
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: N/A
1. Assume major responsibility for the successful and timely completion of tasks that comprise the implementation and analysis phases of various projects to include: planning, development, timeline implementation and evaluation.
2. Direct the development and preparation of data collection forms, procedural manuals and other documents.
3. Analyze data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions as requested.
4. Design forms, newsletters, web pages and other tools as needed.
5. Independently compose reports and correspondences outlining recommendations, decisions and courses of actions.
6. Attend meetings with appropriate staff and faculty as necessary to provide and gather information and assure the meetings/programs are carried out appropriate. Provide support for staff and faculty as needed.
7. Assist in implementing operational improvements through project support.
8. Maintain liaison with project participants, including faculty, staff and key administrators.
Skills and Qualifications:
Master?s degree preferred
Knowledge of organizational behavior
Knowledge of project material and project material software
Strong organizational skills
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
Ability to collect and analyze complex data
Ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative
Ability to prepare and conduct effective presentations
Ability to coordinate project activities with diverse groups and individuals
Ability to resolve problems quickly and effective and determining appropriate courses of action
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
x Reaching with arms
x Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
x 20 lbs. maximum
x 50 lbs. maximum
x 100 lbs. maximum
Clean, well lit area
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.