Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Sr Secretary I
Job ID: 7640
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare8/7/2014Applicant should be able to multi-task with telephone calls, greeting visitors, dispatching patient and family calls and interpreter calls. Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to remain calm in stressful situations and busy office. Job Summary: Performs duties and...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Sr-Secretary-I-7640.htm
Applicant should be able to multi-task with telephone calls, greeting visitors, dispatching patient and family calls and interpreter calls. Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to remain calm in stressful situations and busy office.
Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the department and the hospital. Work with supervisor/manager and other members of section or department to promote a harmonious work environment. Insure that all contacts with patients, the public, physicians, and other hospital personnel are carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful, and considerate manner. Answer telephone in a prompt and courteous manner. Display concern and provide assistance or explain procedures as appropriate to callers or in face-to-face situations.
- Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Following hospital policies and procedures.
- Following departmental policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the overall quality of services.
- Assuming responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
- Performs reception activities by responding to questions, assisting our customers, and answering the telephone in accordance with departmental standards.
- Answering the telephones and responding to inquires.
- Taking accurate messages and delivering them as received.
- Greeting, screening and directing customers.
- Giving and receiving correct information to/from the customers.
3. Processes incoming/outgoing mail and/or performs office errands to support departmental activities.
- Distributing mail following departmental procedure.
- Preparing interdepartmental mail/outgoing mail and patient belongings according to postal specifications.
- Preparing and sending responses to routine inquiries according to departmental policies.
4. Performs a variety of general office activities to support the department.
- Completing errands as needed for the department.
- Duplicating documents to provide clear quality documents.
- Collating and distributing documents.
- Filing patient complaint folders and miscellaneous files for patient representatives.
- Maintaining office equipment to ensure correct operation.
- Printing the new patient census list for volunteer visitation.
5. Promotes “caring” image of the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.
- Smiling, giving appropriate eye contact, respectfully addressing patients.
- Introducing yourself and your role and greeting the patient and provider; asking and anticipating patient, family, and/or staff needs; responding to patients, family, and/or staff queries or request rapidly or identifying someone who can; exiting the encounter courteously.
- Responding calmly during emotionally charged situations.
- Responding courteously to patients and Medical Center personnel.
- Consistently projecting a team-player attitude in all aspects of duties.
- Providing excellent customer service to patients and Medical Center personnel.
6. Dispatches Spanish interpreter requests professionally and promptly.
- Answering incoming calls in 3 rings or less, when possible.
- Collecting and logging accurate information in order to dispatch interpreters in a timely and efficient manner.
- Triaging calls for requests for Spanish interpreters throughout the Medical Center.
- Closely monitoring interpreter log to dispatch calls efficiently.
- Tracking interpreters as needed.
- Consistently monitoring Audix for patient representative and interpreter requests.
7. Organizes work to ensure completion on time.
- Assigning priorities to enable work to be completed on time and without errors.
- Avoiding crisis to appropriate planning and follow through.
8. Communicates work methods or information to customers.
- Explaining work procedures to others to assist in training.
- Presenting information in such as way as to ensure understanding.
- Listening carefully to customers in order to answer their questions or obtain information.
9. Coordinates patient belongings.
- Researching patient information.
- Determining patient's discharge status.
- Assembling demographic sheet with patient information for distribution of belongings.
- Logging all received patient belongings.
10. Oversees distribution of certificates of appreciation for Medical Center employees.
- Sorting nominations for certificates of appreciation.
- Processing certificates of appreciation.
- Mailing certificates to managers/supervisors for presentation to employee.
Under general supervision from designated supervisor(s), performs a variety of specialized administrative support in support of the department and Medical Center activities.
High school diploma or equivalent
Two 2 years experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Organizes work activities to ensure timely completion.
2. Performs departmental receptionist activities, ensuring excellent customer service.
3. Processes incoming and outgoing mail following department procedures.
4. Schedules and confirms meetings and activities as necessary.
5. Collects data and material for reports, budgets, and projects and compiles in established format.
6. Enters computer data into established departmental systems.
7. Proofreads and edits documents for completeness and clarity.
8. Maintains current departmental files, purging as necessary.
9. May be required to maintain departmental time and attendance in order to provide accurate payroll information.
Familiar with Medical Center policies, practices, and procedures
Excellent written and verbal communication
Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet software
Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Typical office environment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.