Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Staff Nurse II - Burn Unit
Job ID: 6744
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare5/21/2014Applicant must have a caring attitude, excellent customer service skills, excellent communication skills, good time management skills, and a good attendance record. Applicant must also be self-motivated and a team player. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to providing...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Staff-Nurse-II-Burn-Unit-6744.htm
The Burn Center at Wake Forest Baptist Health is one of two American Burn Association-verified Burn Centers in North Carolina. The Burn Center maintains a total capacity of 24 beds – 8 critical care beds and 16 stepdown level of care beds. The staff are trained and rotate to all levels of care as patient care needs change. The unit has a 3-bay hydrotherapy room, where admission and complex dressing changes are accomplished with anesthesia assistance or with moderate sedation. The bedside staffing nurse:patient ratios are complimented by a 24/7 wound care team that assists with lengthy, complex dressings. The Burn ICU cares for both pediatric and adult burn patients. We have two primary burn attending physicians, as well as additional Trauma Service attendings, residents and advanced practice providers, who, with therapists(occupational, physical, recreational, and respiratory), nutritionists, chaplains, pharmacists, child lifespecialists, social workers, case managers, drug and alcohol abuse counselors, and nursing provide the highest level of burn care available.
The Burn Center operates within the Wake Forest Baptist Health nursing department, employing a Congressional model of Shared Governance. We were the first hospital in North Carolina to achieve Magnet status and will soon be hosting our survey for our 4th re-designation. We have a Clinical Ladder that promotes differentiation and elevation of nursing practice.
Applicant must have a caring attitude, excellent customer service skills, excellent communication skills, good time management skills, and a good attendance record. Applicant must also be self-motivated and a team player. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to providing professional and technical direct nursing care to include the nursing process, performing extensive wound care, providing pain control, giving emotional support to patient and patient's family, directing and leading other assigned team members, and collaborating with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). The staff nurse directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
Education / Experience: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: RN licensure in NC. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is required within one year. “Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned;waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.”
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient/family centered care focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
3. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
5. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
6. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
This job qualifies for a $6,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements. Click here to learn more!
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center strives to provide best-in-class nursing care to our patients. To continue to provide such high quality services, meet internal targets and comply with ACCN Magnet requirements for a plan to increase BSN staff to 80% by 2020, WFBMC desires to employ nurses who have achieved, or will achieve, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. WFBMC will provide nurses who have earned an Associate Degree in Nursing a period of five (5) years from the date of hire to meet that educational requirement.