Child Safety Quiz
So you think you know everything you need to know about child safety? Try taking our quick quiz from pediatric services to see if you are indeed an expert.
1. In the United States, the leading cause of death among children is:
A. Accidental injury
2. In the United States, how many toy-related deaths were there for children 15 or younger in 2009, the most recent year for which data is available?
3. How many toy-related injuries (requiring emergency room visits) were there in 2009 for children 15 and younger?
4. How many cycling-related deaths were there in the U.S. in 2009 for children 15 and younger?
5. How many cycling-related injuries were there for children 15 and younger?
6. True or False. More children are injured during the Christmas holiday season than any other U.S. holiday.
7. True or False. North Carolina requires anyone under the age of 16 to wear a bicycle helmet on any public road or bike path, and parents may be fined if a child is caught without a helmet.
Check your answers.