Eating and Exercising for Your Best Health - Health Tips
Dump the Diet Mentality
When it comes to your ideal weight, calories are tiny little pieces of the big picture. Your weight is a bigger piece - and it may be a much bigger number than you want to see on the scale - but the best way to approach losing weight isn't just about diet. It's about your overall nutrition and fitness habits - and yes, that includes exercise.
If you are overweight, you know it's affecting your health. Here are some health tips to take control of your weight and move toward a healthier life:
- If you are seriously overweight, get serious. Wake Forest Baptist Health weight management team specializes in helping people achieve healthy weights can help. Contact them to get started and feel better.
- See your doctor and start exercising today. Do not delay. Every day that you do not exercise is a day you put off improving your health.
- Get to know good food. Did you know Wake Forest Baptist Health's BestHealthSM offers classes that can help you prepare healthier meals? Or that a nutritionist can help you if you need to follow a gluten-free diet? Get good nutritional information and advice from experts - and follow it.
- Show yourself some love. You did not put on the pounds overnight, so do not expect instant results from a new diet or exercise program.Tracking your progress in a food journal or keeping an activity log helps many people stay motivated to meet their fitness goals.
- Give yourself a gold star for starting! You took the first step toward fitness by reading this. You are on your way - now keep going.You are on the right track.
Learn more about the Weight Management Center at Wake Forest Baptist.
Next: Food for Thought: Workout Eats, On-the-Go Cheats