Early and accurate diagnosis of vascular disease can help you
avoid harmful conditions such as clots, which block the flow of blood to your organs.
Sometimes, the best way to detect these problems early is with vascular
ultrasound. At the Wake Heart & Vascular Center, our dedicated facilities
and team of experts conduct vascular ultrasound with a level of accuracy that
few hospitals in the Piedmont region can match.
Vascular Ultrasound at Wake Forest: Why Choose Us
At Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, we perform vascular
ultrasound tests in our Clinical Vascular Laboratory. This imaging center is
one of a few in North Carolina that is dedicated exclusively to diagnosing vascular disease. Features of our
- Team of specialists: Our expert team includes registered
vascular technologists and other vascular specialists who perform a broad range
- Experience. We are a high-volume facility, conducting hundreds of studies per
- Expert care: Our technologists have a level of expertise that enables them to consistently
provide complete imaging tests with definitive interpretations. This can speed
the process of diagnosing your condition.
- Advanced care: No other laboratory has more experience in screening for renal and mesenteric artery disease,
key causes of kidney failure and hypertension.
What is vascular ultrasound?
Vascular ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves to produce
images of your blood vessels and arteries. These tests are captured in real
time and show how well blood flows through your blood vessels.
This painless, non-invasive test that can help diagnose conditions
We offer the following types of vascular ultrasound:
- Transcranial doppler: Measures the velocity of blood
flow in the blood vessels of your brain
- Carotid doppler: Measures the velocity of blood
flow in your carotid artery in your neck
- Venous duplex: Evaluates blood flow in the
veins of your arms and legs
an appointment online. Or, for more
information, please call:
- 336-716-WAKE or