Referrals and Admission Criteria
Patients admitted to the Acquired Brain Injury Program must have realistic rehabilitation goals that reflect the potential for gaining independence or achieving a higher function in self care activities, speech/language function or cognitive function.
Patients must be responsive to verbal and/or visual stimuli and be able to consistently follow at least one step commands.
Additionally, a patient must:
- Require and be able to participate in physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy at least 3 hours each day.
- Need more than one type of rehab therapy and have a potential for functional improvement.
- Have a supportive social system and defined discharge destination other than a skilled nursing facility.
- Be medically appropriate for inpatient hospital environment and have stable vital signs.
- A cognitive level of three or higher on the Rancho Los Amigos scale (Brain Injury patients).
To make a referral, call (336) 713-8500 or (888) 650-9568.
For additional information about our programs, call (336) 716-8454 or email Rehab4Life@wakehealth.edu.
Wake Forest Baptist Health accepts payment from all major private insurance plans, workers' compensation, Medicare and Medicaid.