Why Choose Us?
1. Demonstrated Excellence
The WFBH Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs are accredited by CARF, formerly known as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Accredited programs include:
Inpatient Rehabilitation Program - Adults
Inpatient Rehabilitation Program - Children and Adolescents
Brain Injury Program - Adults
Brain Injury Program - Children and Adolescents
Stroke Specialty Program - Adults
Stroke Specialty Program - Children and Adolescents
Amputation Program - Adults
The CARF Accreditation means Wake Forest Baptist Health
- is committed to excellence in rehabilitative care
- meets rigorous international standards of patient care and satisfaction
- is committed to helping each patient achieve their individualized rehabilitation goals
- constantly works to improve services and stays on the edge of rehabilitation techniques and technology
- surpasses communication expectations with referral and payer sources.
WFBH is a three-time recipient of the Magnet Designation, awarded to nursing staffs of hospitals that meet the nation's highest standards of nursing excellence.
WFBH has the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of ApprovalTM - full accreditation with no recommendations for compliance improvement. The Joint Commission is the nation's esteemed standards-setting and accrediting body for healthcare and quality. WFBH also has The Joint Commission's Disease Specific Certifications in Stroke, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement and Knee Replacement, and Advanced Ventricular Assist Device.
2. Comprehensive Care & Expertise
- Offering IP Rehab Programs since 1978
- Part of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, one of America's top ranked hospitals
- Board certified rehabilitation physicians
- Certified rehabilitation nurses
- Certified brain injury specialists
- Clinical psychology and neuropsychology
- Seating & wheeled mobility evaluation
- Home evaluations for home modification recommendations
- Animal Assisted Therapy Program
- Recreation therapy-led community re-entry outings
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Assistive Technology Center
- School tutoring education program
- Peer-mentor & caregiver/family support programs
3. Exceptional Facilities Dedicated Brain Injury Unit
- Heated therapeutic pool
- Spacious rooms & showers
- Home of the Region's Resource Room for the Brain Injury Association of NC
4. Advanced Technology & Treatment
- VitalStim® Therapy System for swallowing difficulty
- Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation
- Bedside fiberoptic endoscopic evaluations of swallowing
- Weight bearing assisted treadmill therapy (LiteGait System)
- Functional Electrical Stimulation with Bioness (Upper & Lower Extremity)
- SaeboFlex custom fabricated splint
- The Program returns a higher percentage of patients to home or community, on average, than other rehab facilities nationwide.
- Participants in the Brain Injury Rehab Program have greater functional improvement, on average, than other rehab facilities nationwide.
- 95% of responses to the Press Ganey survey tool are very good or good
- Patient satisfaction results are better than 88% of facilities using the Press Ganey survey tool.