Health Insurance Plans
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center contracts with most major health plans including Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) for physician and clinic services.
WFBMC also participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs.
If You Have Insurance
- If you have insurance, we will need a copy of your insurance identification card.
- We also may need the insurance forms supplied by your employer or the insurance company.
- You will be asked to assign benefits from the insurance company directly to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
If You Are a Member of an HMO or PPO
- If you are a member of an HMO or PPO, your plan may have special requirements, such as a second surgical opinion or pre-certification for certain tests or procedures.
- It is your responsibility to make sure the requirements of your plan have been met.
- If your plan’s requirements are not followed, you may be financially responsible for all or part of services rendered in the hospital.
- Some physician specialists may not participate in your health care plan, and their services may not be covered.
If You Are Covered by Medicare
- If you are covered by Medicare, we will need a copy of your Medicare card to verify eligibility and process your Medicare claim.
- You should be aware that the Medicare program specifically excludes payment for certain items and services, such as cosmetic surgery, some oral surgery procedures, personal comfort items, hearing evaluations and others.
- Deductibles and co-payments also are the responsibility of the patient.
If You Are Covered by Medicaid
- If you are covered by Medicaid, we will need a copy of your Medicaid card.
- Medicaid also has limitations on a number of services and items.
- Medicaid does not pay for the cost of a private room unless it is medically necessary.
If You Have No Insurance
- If you have no insurance, a representative from the Financial Counseling Department will discuss financial arrangements and payment options with you or a family member.
- Patient Financial Resources Services is also available to assist you in applying for Medicaid or other government assistance programs.