Departmental Mentoring Facilitators (DMFs) General Information
Process To Assign Mentees a Content-Specific Mentor:
- Mentee completes JUMP application & Needs Assessment forms that are located on the How To Join page
- DMF receives mentee's information from the Office of Faculty Development
- A report will be provided with the mentee's general information and Content-Specific needs, as indicated on their application and Needs Assessment
- DMF schedules meeting to discuss needs & provide mentee with potential Content-Specific Mentors
- Set time frame for the Mentee to meet with potential Mentors.
- Track meeting(s) with potential mentor(s). Use the JUMP Mentee Pairing Tracking Form (Word form; PDF form) to follow progress of meetings and ensure they are being conducted in a timely manner.
- When mentee has chosen a Content-Specific Mentor, the mentoring pair should complete the Content Specific Agreement Form (Word form; PDF form)
- The Mentee, Mentor, DMF & JUMP Manager should all have a copy of this form
After the mentee is paired with a Content-Specific Mentor:
- Quarterly follow ups will be conducted by the JUMP Manager to ensure the pairs are meeting and that the relationship is viable
- If any issues come to light during the follow-up interview, with the mentee's knowledge, the JUMP Manager will contact the DMF to apprise them of the situation. The DMF will have the primary responsibility of deciding the best way to address the issue, but will have support of their Department Chair and the Office of Faculty Development.
If re-matching a mentee with a Career-Specific Mentor becomes necessary, the DMF should contact the JUMP Manager. A mentee may need to be re-matched for a number of reasons:
- The mentor may leave the institution or not have the time to mentor due to an increase in work load
- Personalities may not mesh well
- New duties may be taken on by the mentee and the current mentor cannot offer support due to lack of experience
When a mentoring relationship comes to an end, the pair should complete the Terminating The Relationship Form (Word form; PDF form)
- The mentee, mentor, DMF, & JUMP Manager should all have a copy of this form.