How to Join JUMP
All recently hired faculty members (since 7/1 of current academic year) will be contacted by the Office of Faculty Affairs and Career Development to schedule a meeting with Dr. Steve Block, Senior Associate Dean.
Senior faculty (Associate and Full Professor rank) wishing to become mentors, please contact Rita Groce at JUMP@wakhealth.edu.
- All recently hired (as of 7/1) faculty are eligible to
participate in JUMP.
- The purpose of JUMP is to assure that all Mentees are
surrounded by a functioning mentoring team.
Junior faculty will be assigned at least two mentors: a departmental
Content-Specific Mentor and a general Career Mentor based on their mentoring needs
and their personalized career plan.
- Mentees will be responsible for scheduling meetings with
their Mentors. Content-Specific and
Career matched pairs should meet as frequently as mutually agreed upon, but at
- During the first three years of the mentoring
relationship, the JUMP Manager will contact Mentees every four months for a
brief progress report. Annual surveys
will be conducted of mentoring pairs/teams to evaluate the mentoring
partnerships and JUMP.
- Checklists and guides are available to prepare and assist
with the First Mentoring Meeting and Ongoing Mentoring Meetings (online
- Mentors and mentees can access the JUMP Mentoring Reference
contains information about the processes and procedures, and mentoring resources.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time that either the mentee or
mentor determines that the formal relationship should be terminated.
For more information about the JUMP Structure, visit our Overview and Program Structure page.