How to Join JUMP
All recently hired faculty members (since 7/1 of current academic year) will be contacted by the Office of Faculty Affairs and Career Development to schedule a meeting with Dr. Evelyn (Lynn) Anthony, Interim Associate Dean.
Senior faculty (Associate and Full Professor rank) wishing to become mentors, please contact Shannon Suggs at JUMP@wakehealth.edu.
- All recently hired (as of 7/1) faculty are eligible to
participate in JUMP.
- The purpose of JUMP is to assure that all Mentees are
surrounded by a functioning mentoring team.
Junior faculty will be assigned at least two mentors: a departmental
Content-Specific Mentor and a general Career Mentor based on their mentoring needs
and their personalized career plan.
- Mentees will be responsible for scheduling meetings with
their Mentors. Content-Specific and
Career matched pairs should meet as frequently as mutually agreed upon, but at
- During the first three years of the mentoring
relationship, the JUMP Manager will contact Mentees every four months for a
brief progress report. Annual surveys
will be conducted of mentoring pairs/teams to evaluate the mentoring
partnerships and JUMP.
- Contact email@example.com at any time for assistance with mentoring issues.