Exhibit of Spotlights
These miscellaneous photographs and the copy along with them are featured individually as "spotlights" on Carpenter Library's homepage. The Spotlight area on the home page is toward the bottom right and it is changed about once every six weeks.
The photographs for the Spotlights come from a collection called Subject File Photographs. As the name implies, there are various topics within the collection - people, events, objects, etc. Using these photographs in Spotlights is a nice way to display them since the topics vary.
ETV before EMR
With the launch of electronic medical records (EMR/WakeOne) on September 22, 2012, it might be interesting to see how patient records were stored and transported in the past at the Medical Center.
Splinter Village was the housing for medical students and residents who participated in the Federal Army Specialized Training Program or the Navy V-12 Program during World War II.
An Artist of Medical Instruments
Walt Terry arrived at Bowman Gray School of Medicine (now Wake Forest School of Medicine) in 1959 and retired in 1975 after 15 years as an instrument machinist.
Diane Garrett served as director of Alumni Affairs from 1994-1996.
Pizza Before Tacos!
In the space that is currently occupied by Taco Del Mar, the Medical Center Pizzeria opened in December 1991 on the ground floor of Watlington Hall.
Dr. Camillo Artom, known as the "fat" chemist for his work with lipids, was born in Asti, Italy on June 6, 1893 and died in Winston-Salem on February 3, 1970 at the age of 76.
March Madness Medical Style
"March madness" for Wake Forest
School of Medicine students is mid-March when seniors learn where they will begin their careers as medical doctors.
Eddie Albert, famous for the Green Acres television show, visits the medical center in 1972 and again in 1991.
| || |
Sally Gulley was hired to be Dr. Emery Miller's secretary. Dr. Miller was associate dean for Continuing Education, the newest department in the school. Sally worked with him for 21 years before enjoying her retirement party on December 19, 1991.