NCBH School of Nursing Transcript Information (obtained from documents on file):
Before a student was even considered to begin their education in the NCBH Nursing Program, important information requirements had to be obtained from each applicant:
- A recent photo and a written essay describing the following: a list of accomplishments that brought the student their greatest satisfaction, what they enjoyed doing in their leisure time, the reasons for selecting nursing as a career, why they desired to enter NCBH and their plans and aspirations for the future.
- All school records/transcripts
- A recommendation form filled out by someone very familiar with the student stating their suitability for nursing
- Pre-medical information/ cumulative health records
- A written summary of the interview on each applicant
If the student WAS accepted into the NCBH School of Nursing:
- The student was required to send written confirmation accepting the appointment to the school with a $75.00 fee that would be deducted from the first year’s tuition amount.
- Before graduating, each student was required to fulfill 90 days, or 3 months of student nursing at Dorthea Dix Hospital in Raleigh, NC. Prior to any student nurse’s affiliation with Dorothea Dix Hospital, a very strict “Pre-affiliation” record form had to be filled out providing detailed information from their nursing school abilities such as: Dependability and reliability, execution of nursing care, intellectual ability, intellectual curiosity, leadership, planning of nursing care, recognition of patient’s needs, self confidence, use of nursing principles, emotional stability, their average grades and all test scores.
After 3 years of nursing school a final summary was written and documented containing the student’s progress, development and final grades.
The State Board Licensing exam for nursing covered 5 subjects including Medical, Surgical, Obstetrics, Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
Obtaining Your Nursing School Transcripts
The Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives is the repository for the transcripts from the NCBH School of Nursing. If you need copies of your transcripts sent to you and/or to a school or employer, please contact us and we’ll be happy to send them. You may also mail any requests to us at the address noted below.
Our mailing address is:
Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives, Carpenter Library
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
Please contact: Dianne Johnson at (336) 716-3690
with any questions about your NCBH Nursing School transcripts. You may also mail any requests to us at the address noted above.