The Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives is the repository for transcripts from several programs once located at NC Baptist Hospital and Wake Forest School of Medicine. This webpage has the information about how to obtain transcripts from cytotechnology, medical laboratory science, nursing, and x-ray technology. Additional transcript resources are also listed.
School of Cytotechnology (1948-1984 BGSM/NCBH)
Medical Laboratory Science (1942-2014, Dept. of Pathology, BGSM)
Nursing (1923-1974, NCBH)
X-Ray Technology (1959-1972, BGSM)
Copies of transcripts are sent to graduates, employers and schools. There is no fee.
Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives, Carpenter Library
Wake Forest School of Medicine
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
Please contact: Dianne Johnson at (336) 716-3690
More Transcript ResourcesNew Link
1. For records from the Kate B. Reynolds Hospital nursing program or City Memorial Hospital nursing program, call the Forsyth Medical Center Records department at 336-277-1456.
2. For other nursing records from schools in North Carolina that are now defunct, contact the education secretary at the NC Board of Nursing at 919-782-3211.
3. For Nurse Anesthesia records, email email@example.com or call 336-716-1411. Fax number is 336-716-1412. Mailing address is Wake Forest Baptist Health, Nurse Anesthesia Program, 3rd Floor PCU, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157.
4. For records from the NCBH Inhalation Therapy program which operated from 1962-1971, call the WFUBMC Respiratory Care department at 336-713-2900. After 1971, contact Forsyth Technical Community College Records Office or call 336-734-7472.
5. For Ultrasound certification records, contact the registrar for the Center for Medical Ultrasound at 336-716-4505 or 1-800-277-7654. Records date from 1975 - present.
6. For records from the class Intraoral Radiography for Office-Trained Dental Assistants, a continuing education course, contact Mary Brogdon at 336-716-4243. See also Northwest Area Health Education Center NWAHEC for courses and continuing education information.
Back to the top.