The Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives is the repository for transcripts from two programs once located at NC Baptist Hospital and Wake Forest University School of Medicine. This webpage has the information about obtaining a transcript from the School of Nursing or School of Cytotechnology.
Since the Archives has transcripts from these two programs, the staff tends to get inquiries about transcripts and certificates from various programs. This webpage contains information about how to obtain transcripts and certificates from programs currently active at this institution; programs that have moved to another institution and defunct programs.
School of Nursing (1923-1974)
School of Cytotechnology (1948-1984)
The Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives is the repository for the transcripts from the North Carolina Baptist Hospital School of Nursing and Bowman Gray School of Medicine/NCBH School of Cytotechnology. Copies of transcripts are sent to graduates, employers and schools. There is no fee.
Dorothy Carpenter Medical Archives, Carpenter Library
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
Please contact: Dianne Johnson at (336) 716-3690
Nursing-Related Transcript Resources
1. For records from the Kate B. Reynolds Hospital nursing program or City Memorial Hospital nursing program, call the Forsyth Medical Center Records department at 336-277-1456.
2. For other nursing records from schools in North Carolina that are now defunct, contact the education secretary at the NC Board of Nursing at 919-782-3211.
3. For Nurse Anesthesia records, contact Darlene Chamlee Smith, Program Secretary, at WFUBMC. All requests for verification or transcripts should be submitted in writing to the office or faxed. There is a $4 transcript fee. For duplications of Nurse Anesthesia Program diplomas, the cost is $20. There is no charge for a verification only.
Mailing Address: Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Nurse Anesthesia Program, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157
Call: 336-716-1411 or fax 336-716-1412
More Transcript Resources
1. For records from the NCBH Inhalation Therapy program which operated from 1962-1971, call the WFUBMC Respiratory Care department at 336-713-2900. After 1971, contact Forsyth Technical Community College Records Office or call 336-734-7472.
2. For Ultrasound certification records, contact the registrar for the Center for Medical Ultrasound at 336-716-4505 or 1-800-277-7654. Records date from 1975 - present.
3. For records from the class Intraoral Radiography for Office-Trained Dental Assistants, a continuing education course, contact Mary Brogdon at 336-716-4243. See also Northwest Area Health Education Center NWAHEC for courses and continuing education information.
4. For transcripts from the Medical Laboratory Science program (formerly Medical Technology), please contact Beth Gaither at 336-716-4727.
Back to the top.