Mobile Computing Resources
scan with your phone for quick access to this page
Library-Licensed Mobile Software
UpToDate Anywhere Mobile App for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows 8 tablet (formerly only for individual subscribers). Register from the UpToDate website, and get the app from iTunes, Android or Microsoft Store. Free CME included. See the UpToDate FAQ for more information.
Contact Julie James email@example.com with questions or issues.
These resources require a separate (free) account; easiest to register on-campus using a desktop computer:
- AccessMedicine Mobile View -Requires creating a Personal Profile (free with our institutional subscription). Optimized for iPhone and iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold, and Android, but works fine on a variety of platforms.
- MDConsult Mobile - reference books, journals, clinics, and practice guidelines. Apple users may want to try the FirstConsult app.
- Mobile Micromedex 2.0 - for iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and Android.
- StatRef! Mobile - includes MedCalc 3000 - for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry. See complete instructions on the StatRef website.
- iPhone/iPad apps - the app is free, but access to the journal content requires individual subscriptions. Most journals will not let you use with institutional subscriptions.
- Sciverse - Science Direct content is available with our institutional subscriptions for iPhone/iPad and Android.
Medical Students may get a free copy of Epocrates Essentials for iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry
Contact Julie James firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, problems, or suggestions.
Medical Software for Handhelds
PubMed Mobile is now available for use with Smartphones and other mobile devices. When accessing this link off-campus, you will be prompted for your Medical Center user name and password, so that you'll have full-text access to our subscribed journals. PubMed Mobile does not include specialized search pages, such as Limits and Advanced search, or added features, such as My NCBI, Clipboard, or LinkOut/Outside Tool. To use these and other PubMed features, display your retrieval in Standard PubMed via the link at the bottom of each screen.
Mobile Medline Plus - an excellent site for consumers, now in mobile format, from the National Library of Medicine. Also in Spanish.
NLM Drug Information Portal - National Library of Medicine
- Other National Library of Medicine Mobile Applications
- Archimedes - specialty calculator with formulas ranging from Aa Gradient to Weights. Also includes formulas for Cardiology, Pharmacology, Hematology, FEN, Pediatrics, Pulmonary and Renal.
- MedMath - compatible with Palm OS PDAs. Used for things like creatinine clearance, corrected sodium, FENa, etc.
- ePocrates - clinical drug reference guide with over 1500 entries, for a variety of platforms.
- Lexi Drugs - handheld comprehensive drug reference, plus companion products for nursing and pediatrics, a drug reax database, and other clinical products for the handheld device.
- iMedicalApps - reviews and commentary by medical professionals for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry
- See also their links to academic medical journals - the app is free, but access to the journal content requires individual subscriptions. Most journals will not let you use with institutional subscriptions.
- Diagnosaurus - 1000+ differential diagnoses. Explore by disease, symptom, or organ system. Cross-linked to related entries.
- memoware.com - over 350 medical documents (databases, literature, maps, technical references, lists, etc.) specially formatted to be easily added to your PalmOS device, Psion PDA, TI Avigo, or WinCE device. Unless otherwise mentioned, all documents are free for your use.
- statcoder.com - comprehensive diagnosis coding tools for the handheld. Free demos of STAT E&M Coder and STAT ICD-10 Coder and full free versions of STAT Cholesterol and STAT GrowthCharts.
General Medical Resources
- CollectiveMed.com - This site offers a personal digital assistance center with information on hardware, software, accessories, a buyer's guide, technical support and equipment, and books and CD-ROMs. The site is specifically for physician, nursing and student needs for a variety of devices.
- Medical iPhone Apps for Doctors and Med Students
Hand-picked for use in medical education or a professional health care setting.
- Medical Pocket PC.com
This site features medical software and applications with an emphasis on the Pocket PC user. Some of the featured products include: The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, 5 Minute Clinical Consult, Dr.Drugs, and Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary.
- Medical Wizards
(formerly Handheldmed) delivers point of care content and applications ideally suited for busy healthcare professionals. Founded by physicians and medical students, Medical Wizards provides users with the leading patient tracking application combined with the most comprehensive library of electronic medical content, accessible at the point of care. Some of products offered include The Merck Manual, and 5 Minute Clinical Consult.
- PalmDoc Chronicles
blog with updated information and reviews
- PDA MD.com
This site is a comprehensive source for medical PDA products and information. It contains news, reviews, columns, features and a full selection of hardware, software and accessories for Palm, Pocket PC, and EPOC handheld devices