The following tutorials are intended to complement the in-person classes currently offered by the library.
- Mini videos include a tour, earning CME, and using features such as Presentation Maker and Reading List
EndNote / Endnote Online
Microsoft Office Software
- dozens of tutorials (15-60 minutes), focusing on common tasks and functions. The pages also have how-to articles and printable quick-reference guides.
Getting Started with Quick Start Guides - Office 2010, Office 2013, or Office 2016
Microsoft Office Professional includes:
Other Microsoft program help:
PubMed: PMID and PMCID
PubMed Tutorials from the National Library of Medicine
- PubMed Training - a wealth of resources to help you become an expert searcher
- PubMed Tutorial - self-paced; choose individual topic to learn or work through the whole tutorial from top to bottom. Choose a section from the list on the left side of the screen.
- PubMed QuickTours - short tutorials on different types of searching, subject headings, and using My NCBI.
- UptoDate - demos for institutional and individual subscriptions
Web of Science
- Web of Science - Several short tutorials, including search tips, managing search results, saving search histories and alerts, cited reference searching, and citation reports. 10 languages
- Getting started with Zotero (8 minute YouTube video)- This tutorial introduces a Firefox add-on that can be used to conveniently collect, organize and cite journal articles and other research materials. The video was created for Wake Forest School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students by a laboratory technician in the Department of Biochemistry.
- How to insert citations into Word with Zotero