iPads for Loan
Please Note: These are 1st Generation iPads that cannot be upgraded. Many newer applications are not compatible, and Citrix is no longer downloadable.
Who May Borrow an iPad
- Medical Center faculty, students and staff.
- The iPad is not available for non-WFBMC users.
- The iPad must be checked out at the Main Desk.
- The iPad must be returned to the Main Desk.
- The iPad is available on a first-come, first served basis - see the Library Catalog for current availability or call the desk at 336-716-4414.
- The iPad check-out is 3 days with NO renewals.
Due to the limited number of iPads on hand, we cannot guarantee an iPad will be available when requested. There is a 24- hour turnaround time for maintenance on returned iPads.
Using the iPad
iPad User Guide is on the web at help.apple.com/ipad, or download free in iBooks
Network – the iPad needs a network connection for most apps. It is easiest to open the Safari browser and connect to the Guest Network (Accept TWICE) any time you are on campus. For other networks (such as at home), you may need a password. To connect to the WFBMC production network and/or to use the Citrix portal app, you’ll need setup help from IS or Telecommunications, with password protection.
The iPads are preloaded with a suite of sample files and applications. Users will need to use their own personal iTunes account to install new apps.
All data will be wiped off and replaced with the standard preloaded files and apps when the iPad is returned.
IMPORTANT – To delete your personal information before returning to the Library:
Erase all content and settings: Choose General > Reset, then tap “Erase All Content and Settings.” This resets all settings to their original values and erases all your information and media.