Loansome Doc - Document Delivery Service
Loansome Doc is a service which enables PubMed and NLM Gateway users unaffiliated with a medical library to order full-text articles from citations in those databases. Patrons register for Loansome Doc service and select a local library to provide document delivery service. These requests are sent to DOCLINE, NLM's automated interlibrary loan request and referral system, which transfers them to the selected library for processing.
To begin using Loansome Doc Services at Carpenter Library, please submit the service agreement form (.docx) by email to email@example.com, fax to 336-716-2186, or in person. Once the agreement has been received, complete the Loansome Doc registration form. The Library will contact you to provide you with the library identification code (LIBID) necessary to place requests. We will fill document delivery requests from titles available in our collection, and you can receive your documents by standard mail, email (PDF), fax, or by picking them up here. Document fees are as follows:
| || N.C. Community Health Professionals ||$10.00 (credit card required)|
| || Corporations / Law Firms / For-profits ||$25.00|
| || WFSM alumni ||$ 5.00 (credit card required)|
We ask that our Loansome Doc patrons also register with ILLiad, our electronic document delivery system. To ensure that your Loansome Doc and ILLiad accounts are linked, please use the same username and password for both accounts.
To request articles:
- Perform a literature search using PubMed.
- Click the check box to the left of the articles you want to order.
- From PubMed select 'Order' from the Send to pull down menu and click on Order Articles (or temporarily save your selections to the Clipboard by selecting 'Send to Clipboard' from the pull down menu on the PubMed features bar).
- Enter your Email Address and Password to enter Loansome Doc.
- Review orders. Sort citations and make sure that Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center / Carpenter Library is the selected library.
- Deselect the check next to articles you do not wish to order.
- Click 'Proceed to Delivery Options' button.
- Review Delivery Options and make sure that the Max Cost per Article is sufficient for your patron status.
- Make sure that the box before I have read and understood the Copyright Compliance is checked.
- Click the 'Continue' button.
- Review order, then click 'Send Order'.
- Your orders are then electronically sent to Carpenter Library.
- Carpenter Library staff are notified of pending Loansome Doc requests. The requests are printed, processed, and updated as filled or not filled.
To review the status of your requests:
To check the status of your Loansome Doc order, login to Loansome Doc at https://docline.gov/loansome/login.cfm. The Order Status page displays the status of your current Loansome Doc orders.
Click on the arrow to sort the requests by article title (default), request number, or request date. The possible statuses for Loansome Doc articles are:
- Filled - Request was filled on the date shown.
- Pending; Not viewed by library - Request has been sent to us, but not yet acted upon.
- Pending; Received by library - Request has been viewed by our staff and is in process..
- Could not be filled - Your request was not filled. No further action will be taken by the library.
- Could not be filled; Request Expired – Your request could not be filled before the need by date specified by you. No further action will be taken by the library.
If you have any questions about Loansome Doc, please contact Hilary Doane at 336-716-4378 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.