Personal Librarian Program
Carpenter Library's Personal Librarian (PL) program matches incoming MD students with a librarian who will communicate and establish a relationship with them over their time here. Participating librarians send their students introductory email messages explaining the program and giving contact information. Additional messages follow during the academic year to highlight library resources that may be pertinent to a particular course the student is taking or to alert students of new resources. This personal contact with the Library facilitates access to learning materials, answers questions, and makes the Library a more useful, tailored resource for our students.
How can my Personal Librarian help me?
- Identify the best resources for a clinical question
- Help you get started with a PubMed search or help you revise your search strategy
- Help you when you have trouble accessing the Library's website or an electronic resource
- Locate materials held in other libraries
- Get information to you when you are out-of-town
- Keep you informed of new resources and services
- Answer questions about Library policies and procedures