Basic Life Support
The BLS Healthcare Provider course is designed to teach participants CPR, AED (automated external defibrillator), and FBAO (foreign body airway obstruction) techniques for victims of all ages.
*NOTE: We offer BLS/ACLS and BLS/PALS combined refresher courses for participants that need both classes. Please visit the PALS or ACLS page to register for a combined refresher course.
Prerequisites for all BLS classes
1. Participants should obtain a copy of a current BLS Provider Manual
Old (2005) vs. New (2010) Guidelines Comparison
BLS Classes offered
This two-hour course is designed for participants who are healthcare providers and have previously completed BLS within the last five years.
NCBH Employees: No Charge
BLS Refresher Dates
| ||7:30am -||10am - ||1pm - ||3pm - ||5:30pm - ||7:30pm - |
|2013 Dates ||Oct 11, 31||Oct 11, 31||Oct 11, 31||Oct 3||Oct 3|| |
| ||Nov 20, 26||Nov 20, 26||Nov 20, 26||Nov 5||Nov 5|| |
| ||Dec 10, 30||Dec 10, 30||Dec 10, 30||Dec 2|| ||Dec 2|
|2014 Dates||Jan 14, 31||Jan 14, 31||Jan 14, 31||Jan 2||Jan 2|| |
| ||Feb 14, 28||Feb 14, 28||Feb 14, 28||Feb 4||Feb 4|| |
| ||Mar 17, 28||Mar 17, 28||Mar 17, 28||Mar 5|| ||Mar 5|
Click Here to Register for a BLS Refresher Class
This four hour course is designed for participants who are healthcare providers and have never taken BLS or have not taken BLS in more than 5 years.
NCBH Employees: No Charge
BLS Provider Times: 8:00am - 12:00pm
| ||2014 Class Dates|| || || || |
| ||January 29|| || || || |
| ||March 27|| || || || |
| || || || || || |
Click Here to Register for a BLS Provider Class
This interactive, scenario-based format allows an alternative to traditional classroom learning.
a) Participants complete Part I of the Renewal course online-and receive a certificate of completion of part I.
b) Participants complete Part II within 60 days of completing Part I by performing hands-on skills testing in Life Support Education.
c) A BLS card is issued once Parts I & II are successfully completed.
~~Beware of Scams! There are several websites that offer "online BLS" courses. However, the American Heart Association DOES NOT recognize any E-Learning BLS courses except the one they created. Please contact us for guidance before purchasing any online BLS product.
WFHS and Outside Student Fees:
$50 - for online access code and skills check off
$25 - skills check-off only (for those who have already completed BLS for HealthCare Providers Online Part 1)
$25 - for online access code and skills check off
No Charge - skills check-off only (for those who have already completed BLS for HealthCare Providers Online Part 1)
Note: All 2013 BLS Skills Check-Offs will be from 9am - 10am
| || || || || |
| ||2013 Class Dates Remaining|| ||2014 Class Dates|| || |
| ||November 7|| ||January 22|| || |
| ||December 9|| ||February 6|| || |
| || || ||March 7|| || |
| || || || || || |
Click Here to Register for a BLS E-Learning Skills Check-Off
This course is designed for the BLS Provider who has demonstrated excellence in BLS techniques and wishes to achieve instructor status.
Prerequisites - PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING - Fax these items to 336-716-5927.
1. Completed Instructor Candidate Application indicating your instructor commitment, your acceptance to an AHA Training Center, and your verification of Instructor Potential. This form can be found on our website under the "forms" tab on our website.You will need to contact your most recent BLS instructor to verify your instructor potential, and you must contact the training center that you would like to join and have them sign TC Alignment section (there is a link with the information for the NC training centers on our "links" page). Please do not send this form until ALL four sections have been filled out.
2. Current AHA CPR (BLS) Healthcare Provider card (include a copy of front & back of cards with registration).
3. Completion of the AHA online Instructor Essentials course
4. Participants must obtain a copy of a current BLS Provider Manual
5. Must obtain a score of 90% or better on a valid AHA BLS exam on the day of the instructor class.
Fees: $200 (Outside Students and Wake Forest School of Medicine Employees)
NCBH Employees: $85
BLS Instructor Times: 8am - 5pm
2014 Class Dates: TBA
IMPORTANT: Registration must be received, all forms must be sent, payment must be received, and materials must be picked up by a pre-determined date or you will not be allowed to attend class.
Click Here to Register for a BLS Instructor Course