About the Stroke Center in North Carolina
Wake Forest Baptist Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is recognized around the world for pioneering cutting edge, patient-centered stroke treatment and care.
We have a very simple mission: To create better and better ways to take care of people. We do this by providing expertise, guidance, and compassion to every patient every step of the way. No matter how challenging your way may be, we work with you and your family to ensure the best possible outcome. Learn more about our stroke treatment and services.
Request a Stroke Center appointment online.
Stroke Treatment & Comprehensive Patient Care
At Wake Forest Baptist, we:
- Offer every patient comprehensive care beginning the moment you arrive and continuing through your stroke treatment, recovery and beyond.
- Quickly diagnose the source of your stroke and develop a treatment plan using our wide-ranging expertise and the most advanced technology.
- Guide you through recovery with our world-class post-stroke rehabilitation program at the J. Paul Sticht Center for Rehabilitation.
- Offer individualized coaching to smooth your transition from hospital to home.
- Maintain contact: Our capable and compassionate nurses keep in contact with you even after you go home to screen for risks that could lead to complications or re-hospitalization.
Top Team of Stroke Treatment Specialists
We bring together a highly experienced team of fellowship trained and board-certified specialists who are leaders in the field of stroke treatment. Our doctors actively engage in exciting new stroke research that promises tremendous hope for stroke patients.
Plus, no other hospital in the state has a team that includes five stroke treatment sub-specialists. Our multidisciplinary team includes specialists in:
- Emergency medicine
- Interventional radiology
The team works together to evaluate your case and develop your treatment plan. But, one neurologist works directly with you and will visit you every day throughout your treatment and recovery process. This helps you build a relationship with your doctor. You and your family will always know whom to count on for guidance and support. Meet our stroke team.
Wake Forest Baptist Telestroke Network
We partner with community hospitals around North Carolina and southern Virginia to share our stroke treatment team’s specialized expertise using high-tech video and audio teleconferencing tools. This is just another way we strive to take better care of more people. Learn more about Telestroke Network.