Comprehensive Stroke Center
Rehabilitation after a stroke is crucial to speed your recovery and enhance your quality of life.
Best Quality Post-Stroke Rehabilitation
At Wake Forest Baptist, the J. Paul Sticht Center for Rehabilitation offers world-class post-stroke in-patient rehabilitation.
For the past 15 years, our Center has continually earned accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an international review board. This designation certifies that our rehabilitation, brain injury and stroke specialty programs are of the highest quality and are measurable and accountable.
Stroke Support Services Team
Throughout your treatment and recovery period, you will have access to our rehabilitation services, which include:
- Physical therapy – to help strengthen muscles weakened or paralyzed by a stroke
- Occupational therapy – to help retrain you on how to eat, dress, and bathe yourself, as well as other self-care skills
- Speech therapy – to help improve your ability to speak and remember, as well as how to swallow and eat more comfortably
- Recreation therapy
Other members of our stroke rehabilitation team who will work with you to enhance your recovery include:
- Rehabilitation nurses certified in rehabilitation nursing
- Clinical psychologists
- Social workers
- Case managers
- Assistive technology specialists
Stroke Care Follow-Up
At Wake Forest Baptist, we believe in maintaining the continuity of our care – that means we stay in touch with you even after you go home. Through our follow-up care program, a nurse practitioner keeps in contact with you to follow up on your recovery after you leave the hospital. The nurse will make sure you are not experiencing any additional problems, which may get in the way of your recovery.
Learn more about Wake Forest Baptist's Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation Program.