Audience Response System
TurningPoint audience response system integrates 100% into Microsoft PowerPoint and allows audiences and students to participate in presentations or lectures by submitting responses to interactive questions using a ResponseCard keypad (clicker).
Using a TurningPoint audience response system, your PowerPoint presentations become powerful data collection and assessment tools that collect real-time audience responses and dramatically improves productivity and results for your business or educational organization. Author, deliver, assess and report without ever leaving PowerPoint.
Engage participants, assess learning, gather data, or enhance presentations with TurningPoint.
- Northwest AHEC can provide audience response system for up to 200 participants to enhance your CE activities.
- The hardware is small and minimal: a USB reveiver and the Audience keypads a.k.a. "the clicker".
- Software is integrated with Powerpoint.
- Results saved and reposrt generator or data exported to Excel.
- Graphs of results can be hidden.
- Use an "Ice Breaker" to introduce use of TurningPoint's response system.
- Include an "Answer Now" prompt to differentiate between lecture slides and interactive polling slides.
- Use a "Correct Answer" indicator to visual identify the appropriate answer.
- Increase responsiveness by using a "Countdown Timer" which will close polling after a set amount of time.
- Not all questions have to have a right answer. Use TurningPoint to reveal opinions and insights.
- Assign point values to questions instead of simply setting them as right or wrong. Use point values to award attendance and/or participation points.
- Use low-stakes quizzing composed of 10 items to make sure that students have done their reading before they come to class.
- Include short bursts of 3-4 questions mixed in with other more traditional presentations and activities to keep your students and participants engaged.
- Respond to meeting or classroom discussions-Insert questions on-the-fly by pressing F5 on your keyboard or selecting the arrow next to the on-the-fly icon in the TurningPoint ShowBar.
- TurningPoint is SMART Aware. This means that if you have a SMART Board interactive whiteboard in your classroom, you can just pick up your pens and start annotating over your slides. For more information refer to your SMART Board user guides.
- Change of TurningPoint's default settings to match your presentation color scheme. Click on the Spectacles icon on the TurningPoint toolbar.
- Add a fun, competitive element-track individual teams, groups, or students using a "Participant List". Add a "Fastest Responder" slide or view group results.
- To find out who has yet to respond to a question, press F7 or F8 which will show a "Response Grid" on screen with ResponseCard keypad numbers and names.
- Track changes in understanding or opinions by asking the same question at the beginning and end or your presentation. See side-by-side results using a "Comparison Slide."
Contact Northwest AHEC Tech Team for more information and scheduling.